• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Army Helicopter Pilot Wants Navy

Status
Not open for further replies.

KWpilot

I would like any info that could help me get out of being a helicopter pilot in the Army and into the Navy. I will be 33 at the end of my commitment with 14 years of service, 8 of those years were served in the Navy. I also have a degree through Embry-Riddle. I am a CW2. I have 700 total w/200 goggle. I will fly anything as long as US Army is not painted on the side of it. I also have 3 years left of my commitment just trying to get all the info that I need so that I can make the transition.

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
I'm assuming you know that you need an Officer's Commission to be a Naval Aviator, that said, you can't lateral as you're a Warrant Officer (Well you can, but it won't get you in a cockpit). That tells me you need to apply to OCS like the rest of us in order to get your butter bars. If you're 31 now, you really should start applying immediately because even with a prior-service waiver you're running out of time. Best of Luck, and Merry Christmas!

nysky

KW pilot, Why are you so set on leaving the Army? What don't you like about flying for the Army? It is extremely competitive to get into the WOFT program, I'm just wondering why someone would want to leave. All the Warrant officer pilots I know love it. As a CW2 you are considered a commissioned officer. I know that you can go into the Coast Guard as an ensign. The coast guard has a lateral program that will provide you with a commission. I'm not sure about the Navy.

cricechex

I would also like to know why you are looking to leave Army aviation. You get a lot of flight time! What makes you want to leave? Is it the idea of flying upside down? If so, then I understand. You were probably at an airshow and saw the Blue Angels, and got jealous of their loud engines and fancy tricks!
Just kidding,
cricechex
AME2STA2USNA

Status
Not open for further replies.