• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Army Aviator to Naval Aviator

guardpilot41

I'm sure I could find this information if I perused this site more, but I thought I'd just ask.
I'm an O-2 in the Army National Guard.
Rated Army Aviator in UH-60's.
28 years old.
I'm curious what it would take and what steps I would need to take to do an inter-service transfer into the Navy as an aviator.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good place to start is here and here.

Other places with some info are here, here & here. Not all are NG to USN, but the process is pretty much the same. Try to contact some of those who have done it before for assistance too.

60dude

Greetings from Afghanistan,
I've followed the links provided and they gave me great insight and it seems like I just need to talk to a recruiter once I get back and see if active duty is still possible.........CW2 hawk driver with 10 years till retirement ready to go back navy because the army's method for everything is not jiving with me.

exNavyOffRec

Greetings from Afghanistan,
I've followed the links provided and they gave me great insight and it seems like I just need to talk to a recruiter once I get back and see if active duty is still possible.........CW2 hawk driver with 10 years till retirement ready to go back navy because the army's method for everything is not jiving with me.

A recruiter can't help you, contact the community manager at NPC

60dude

That's awesome, do you think I can get in contact with them to start this FAG process. 85 Is a reserve unit, right?

highside7r

None
Correct, 85 is USNR. Good luck, I made a some calls a few years ago trying to switch over to the F-CWO program, but seemed it was still a test program at the time. Would go back to the Navy in a heartbeat!

60dude

Correct, 85 is USNR. Good luck, I made a some calls a few years ago trying to switch over to the F-CWO program, but seemed it was still a test program at the time. Would go back to the Navy in a heartbeat!

Yeah, I made the same calls. I plan on going full O grade if they let me in. Hopefully I hear back from the community manager soon about the possibility of me getting back into the navy.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yeah, I made the same calls. I plan on going full O grade if they let me in. Hopefully I hear back from the community manager soon about the possibility of me getting back into the navy.

If not getting any satisfaction from the REGNAV side at NPC, another, longer road is to affiliate on the Reserve side and get picked up at one of the Reserve squadrons (-84, -85 or even -60) and then apply to FTS from there. It's a lower percentage shot to get all the way back to active duty, but it will certainly get you on the Navy side fairly quick.

highside7r

None
dude,
Just think back to "what if" showing up to Army WOCS in your cracker jacks. Now reverse that with all your new shiny Army awards.

60dude

dude,
Just think back to "what if" showing up to Army WOCS in your cracker jacks. Now reverse that with all your new shiny Army awards.
Freaking hilarious, Canidate!
Next time I'm in San Diego I'm just going to stop by 85 to ask how to join the unit. I'm sure they'll point me in the right direction right. Oh and I'm really hoping the Army will let me go with the down sizing and all.