• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

army aircrew wing and navy aircrew wings

navy nurse

I was an Army flight medic and I was award aircrew wings. I was flying, and have orders for flight status. Now that I have joined the Navy I know that I can not wear the Army wings on my uniform.

Is there a process to have NAC wings awarded based on Army training and flight status (in a manner simialr to CAR being allowed in lieu of CAB)?

ARAMP1

Aviator Extraordinaire
pilot
None
You can't wear an awarded badge?

We have a flight doc who used to be an AF pilot. He wears his AF wings in uniform. (of course, just because one or many guys do it, doesn't make it right)

Renegade One

None
I was an Army flight medic and I was award aircrew wings. I was flying, and have orders for flight status. Now that I have joined the Navy I know that I can not wear the Army wings on my uniform.

Is there a process to have NAC wings awarded based on Army training and flight status (in a manner simialr to CAR being allowed in lieu of CAB)?

So far as I'm aware or have ever seen, the only "other services" insignia authorized for wear on the Navy uniform is Basic Parachutist and the Marine Combat Aircrew Insignia. Things may have changed. I also "don't know" about transition to NAC wings, but my guess is no...no more than other service Pilot Wings translated to Naval Aviator Wings.

Save these thingies in your souvenir box and maybe trot out the "mini-versions" with Mess Dress events, at which time many rules go by the wayside… ;)

highside7r

None
Reverse of that I was able to wear my NAC wings until I pinned my Army aviator wings, which per the Army regs are the same "class" of badge. Go through NACCS in Pcola and get your wings the hard way!

ARAMP1

Aviator Extraordinaire
pilot
None
Reverse of that I was able to wear my NAC wings until I pinned my Army aviator wings, which per the Army regs are the same "class" of badge. Go through NACCS in Pcola and get your wings the hard way!
We had a 2nd Lt, former warrant officer/apache driver go through UPT who wore his army pilot wings. I always wondered what it would be like to go through UPT with 1000 hours in the AH64.