• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Are you looking for a mentor?

jbd45

Hi everyone,

I'm a SWO Lieutenant based out of San Diego and also a member of a 501c3 non-profit Association of Naval Service Officers (ANSO). We're starting a mentorship program for established members of the Navy and Coast Guard to pair up with students, graduates, and prospective future military officers. I commissioned via OCS and remember using this website religiously for asking questions because I had no other contacts who were in the Navy. I think it would have really benefitted me to have a dedicated mentor in answering all my various questions.

ANSO is a non-profit supporting recruitment, retention, and promotion of Hispanics in the Navy and Coast Guard but our mentorship program welcomes all applicants. If you're looking to be paired up with a mentor that can help you in your application process, how to prepare for being an Officer, and any other questions - please use the following sign-up sheet.

If you have any questions, feel free to comment - or private message me. Thank you!

Mos

None
If I contact ANSO using the email on their web site, are they going to confirm that you're working on their behalf?

Nil

Hi everyone,

I'm a SWO Lieutenant based out of San Diego and also a member of a 501c3 non-profit Association of Naval Service Officers (ANSO). We're starting a mentorship program for established members of the Navy and Coast Guard to pair up with students, graduates, and prospective future military officers. I commissioned via OCS and remember using this website religiously for asking questions because I had no other contacts who were in the Navy. I think it would have really benefitted me to have a dedicated mentor in answering all my various questions.

ANSO is a non-profit supporting recruitment, retention, and promotion of Hispanics in the Navy and Coast Guard but our mentorship program welcomes all applicants. If you're looking to be paired up with a mentor that can help you in your application process, how to prepare for being an Officer, and any other questions - please use the following sign-up sheet.

If you have any questions, feel free to comment - or private message me. Thank you!
Thanks for doing this.

Good morning. I am currently active duty (enlisted) Air Force and desire a commission in the U.S. Navy. I have my B.S. in Business and halfway done with my MBA. I applied for AF OTS in 2013 but was not selected. After 8 years of enlisted maintenance experience I have decided that the Navy is a better path for me. Do I just reach out to a OCS recruiter or is there some other manner of starting the process? I look forward to your response.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Good morning. I am currently active duty (enlisted) Air Force and desire a commission in the U.S. Navy. I have my B.S. in Business and halfway done with my MBA. I applied for AF OTS in 2013 but was not selected. After 8 years of enlisted maintenance experience I have decided that the Navy is a better path for me. Do I just reach out to a OCS recruiter or is there some other manner of starting the process? I look forward to your response.

You would reach out to a normal officer recruiter and would go through a very similar process as any other civilian applicant.