• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Are you happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormy91

To all Significant other's, wife's, girlfriend's and best friend's I would really appreciate any input. I have a lot in my mind concerning were my boyfriend and I should be heading towards our relationship. When did you ladies know that you wanted to be involved With your SO. Did it take time and patience for you to over come any fears? Do you have any regrets? And most importantly are you happy with the person your with?

I would really appreciate any comments on how you learned to handle this life long journey as a SO.

Thank you

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
I'm extremely happy. I don't ever recall having doubts about DH, from the time we started dating. I didn't instantly know he was the one and that we'd be married and all that jazz, but it progressed and over time and I never felt doubtful at all.

I can't say I ever really had fears, either. I was fairly anti-commitment. Marriage was never a goal. I guess I didn't actively think I'd never marry, but I never really thought about it and I know I would have been fine if I never married. But even then, when Husband and I got to the point where marriage suddenly seemed a possibility, I never felt afraid. If you are talking about fears about the Navy, I don't think I really had those either. I dreaded parts of it, but I never feared it.

Do keep in mind that this life isn't for everyone, and that's okay. Even if the guy is right, his lifestyle might not be. Allow yourself to consider that, because the fact that you are posting on a military spouses' section of a military message board, asking about this suggests that you are really struggling and that there might be some big issues.

Without more details, if's hard to give better advice or offer thoughts that are relevant. Sorry.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
To all Significant others, wives, girlfriends, and best friends: I would really appreciate any input. I have a lot on my mind concerning where my boyfriend and I should be heading towards with our relationship. When did you ladies know that you wanted to be involved with your SO? Did it take time and patience for you to overcome any fears? Do you have any regrets? And most importantly, are you happy with the person you're with?

I would really appreciate any comments on how you learned to handle this lifelong (or life-long) journey as a SO.

Thank you.

Well, 1) spell better. Then, 2) don't sweat it, you're 20.

Stormy91

1)Thank you for the post villanelle.

2)Ha Thank you ChunksJR, I was already expecting someone like yourself to pass by and check for any grammatical errors instead of trying to help me with the question.

Stormy91

I guess both of you are right, Why bother? I am 20, it's pointless to worry besides my age clearly is an indication that I am not taken seriously. Thank you all for your help.

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
Gotta have a tough skin here on AirWarriors. I wouldn't take it personally. Some people are a bit rough around the edges with posts here.

That being said, I should probably have my wife come up here and send you a PM.

Stormy91

Thank you Revan, I can see how some people can be uptight, but thank you very much for your help. It is very kind of you to speak with your wife. Getting her point of view will definitely help the way I can view my relationship.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
Even the "uptight" people are trying to help you. If you toss around insults and attitude, you are far less likely to get the help you're asking for. Just a heads up...

Stormy91

There are no insults and there is nothing wrong with my attitude. There is also nothing wrong with people being "uptight", but you could have PM me the "heads up" because clearly you wanted others to read how I am suppose to comment. Being my first thread on this site I was hoping to find comfort, but in the real world I guess I have to make these decisions on my own. There is no one you can truly rely on. I know I am young but I am very serious about my future as well as the man I am involved with. I wouldn't be on this site if he wasn't serious about taking his commission. Anyways Thanks for the help, you all have a great morning.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"I'm not being defensive...You're being defensive!!!!"

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Even the "uptight" people are trying to help you. If you toss around insults and attitude, you are far less likely to get the help you're asking for. Just a heads up...
Stormy91 - this post isn't the reason this thread was closed....
There are no insults and there is nothing wrong with my attitude. There is also nothing wrong with people being "uptight", but you could have PM me the "heads up" because clearly you wanted others to read how I am suppose to comment. Being my first thread on this site I was hoping to find comfort, but in the real world I guess I have to make these decisions on my own. There is no one you can truly rely on. I know I am young but I am very serious about my future as well as the man I am involved with. I wouldn't be on this site if he wasn't serious about taking his commission. Anyways Thanks for the help, you all have a great morning.
....this one is.

Villanelle was trying to help you with your immature needy insecurities, both in her initial post and in her second "heads up" one. You obviously didn't research this site much before you posted or you would have seen it is 95% male posters who aren't going to be all touchy-feely. So quit being a whinny girl and go blow your boyfriend. He deserves it if he's always having to tip-toe around your hurt feelings.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Stormy,

A better option for you would be to look at the members, find some women that post here and then send them a PM or email. That would probably get you the best answers in private without opening yourself up to a "fire for effect" scenario. Hopefully some of the ladies here can help you out. With that this thread is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.