• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Are NFO's going to be needed forever?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Truth. NFOs are going the way of the dodo in the Marines. ECMOs are already pretty much done. While we will fly 2 seat Hornets until 2030 there are only going to be 3 squadrons, so take that for what it is.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
The Navy however, wil still have a requirment for NFO's long into the future. We have Maritime, E-2, and Super Hornet requirements for a long, long time.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
This thread has so much potential! Where do I weigh in first?!

Oh look, a beer!

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
where did you here this?
Swampertness, that is what one calls "SWO humor".

I personally found it hysterical since PenguinGuy is praying for a ChEng billet for his first DH tour next year. (although to be perfectly technical, the correct term is "engineer officer" ;) )

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hell- stash them in CIC. FO's are basically OS's on steroids (with brown shoes). I know a FO turned SUPPO that was the go-to AIC on her DDG.

Fact.

Don't you put that evil on us Ricky Bobby. Same thing with the staff work. I say that as a current staff bitch.