• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Are my vision good enough for NAVY SNA

LucyTheApe

I just went to mepps yesterday and I have 20/40 20/50 vision. Am I done for pilot? I score 7/7/9 60 on the astb, don't think that would help with my poor vision would it? Are there any chance I would get pick up for SNA in March given my vision? any wavier I can get?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just went to mepps yesterday and I have 20/40 20/50 vision. Am I done for pilot?
Yes
I score 7/7/9 60 on the astb, don't think that would help with my poor vision would it? Are there any chance I would get pick up for SNA in March given my vision?
No, and no.
any wavier I can get?
Nope, down to swells now.

If you aspire to be a Naval Officer, your writing needs an overhaul (grammar, capitalization, spelling, & punctuation). Your test numbers fine, but they don't help your vision problem... fill in your profile, it will help us to help you!:rolleyes:
BzB

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
For the upcoming March boards, I believe the letter from MEPS is not required to apply, so you could get selected for pilot despite your vision, depending on your GPA. The deadline to apply is only a week away though, so you'll need to talk to your recruiter to make sure the rest of your application is squared away. Of course, being selected won't mean anything if your vision disqualifies you anyway, so you'll need to ask your recruiter about the vision limitations for SNA, and discuss whether or not PRK is a viable option. You may need to see a civilian eye doctor for further inspection.
You might also want to check out the "DOC's Corner" forum on this site (http://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?forums/docs-corner.20/). They have several stickied threads regarding vision requirements, so hopefully you can find some more information there.

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
Yes

No, and no.

Nope, down to swells now.

If you aspire to be a Naval Officer, your writing needs an overhaul (grammar, capitalization, spelling, & punctuation). Your test numbers fine, but they don't help your vision problem... fill in your profile, it will help us to help you!:rolleyes:
BzB

BzB if you are going to hit someone on their grammar please proofread yours first!