• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ARCO vs Cliffs vs LearningExpress for ASTB Test Prep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buster245

Just some background...I'm currently a Marine Officer (MOS: 7208, Air Support Officer)who is submitting a package for the Field Accession Program to become a SNA. It's been a while since I last studied physics.

Anyways, I currently own the ARCO book. To broaden my studying I've been going to the local bookstore and have been reading their books like a good thrifty cheapskate.

I've noticed some pretty big differences in the mechanical portion of the study guides from LearningExpress, ARCO, and Cliffs. The ARCO material is VERY simple. LearningExpress is only slightly more challenging. And Cliffs is much more challenging, mainly because it seems that the material is very math- and formula- intesive.

Should I continue to study with ARCO or should I get the Cliffs guide?

Yut.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
I used all three and it worked out pretty well, they sort of balanced each other out. None of them was very similar to the test itself but the extra physics and math problems helped me to recall a lot of concepts and solve the ones on the ASTB quickly.

My thought was that if a few extra bucks gave me a shot at a better ASTB score it was money well spent.

sirenia

Sub Nuke's Wife
Same here. I used all three. I also dug out my old physics textbook from college for a quick brush up on concepts. I would suggest that you find basic Cliffnotes-like math and physics study guides at your local library. They were helpful to me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.