• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Archer - Danger Zone

jtdees

Puddle Jumper
pilot
Geez, I understand not having a sense of humor tailored to a show like Archer, but nobody likes the No Fun Police.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It may be ungentlemanly, but I'm going to put RD in his place when he starts talking about my rose colored glasses concerning a time he wasn't even around for.
Well I was around for that time so allow me to comment. In some ways it was better. In other ways it was not as good as today. But there is no doubt, you are wearing rose colored glasses. Likely the same shade lots of guys in my generation wore when looking back on BzB's career. I just don't remember them being bitter like you about what was never theirs to experience let alone to have changed like some sort of used car lot bait and switch.

I think the cartoon is lame and I think the second video is even lamer. There is nothing in there that would make me say "oh shit that was funny, let me go post it to air warriors.".
Based on the body of your posts on AW, you find everything lame and give the impression you find nothing amusing. So don't worry, no one expects you to say "oh shit that was funny, let me go post it to air warriors."

Let me start posting videos bashing helo dudes, or the fat kids, or toolbag WSOs and see how that goes over.
See above. You couldn't find enough humor in anything to think it worth posting. Being mean spirited though you are good at. Either way, knock yourself out. Not like it hasn't been done here before. If you paid attention to the posts in reply you would have found the helo guys and wso dudes have a much healthier attitude than you.

sodajones

Combat Engineer
Grumpy-Cat.jpg

Woe is me.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*

I lost my pilot slot to a NAMI whammy. I like what I got in the end (intel), but I find it amazing that you complain when so many people would kill to be in your (brown) shoes, or even (to quote the film in question) to "fly a cargo plane full of rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong."

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I lost my pilot slot to a NAMI whammy. I like what I got in the end (intel), but I find it amazing that you complain when so many people would kill to be in your (brown) shoes, or even (to quote the film in question) to "fly a cargo plane full of rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong."
For some, the cargo plane is the goal...(not me, I have my eyes set on CNO)...
Pickle

RiseR 25

As for Archer........it's a funny F-ing show
As for TOPGUN........I believe there's a quote from PBS's "Carrier" of the XO of VFA-41 telling a JO that if it wasn't for that movie he would be married to a dude (not that there's anything wrong with that).
As for the F-14........well........ANYTIME BABY!

Agreed, Archer gets pretty funny.

If I remember correctly... Wasn't the marrying a dude comment from the VFA-41 XO? He was ragging on one of the members of the squadron saying "you could have joined the Air Force...but then you would have married another dude." Then another squadron member says "Or you could be wearing a scarf!"

DISCLAIMER: not making any statements toward sexual preferences, just trying to get the facts straight from the documentary.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Well I'm a jet dude, and my fellow charlie bros (which is a redundant statement, because all charlie dudes are bros) think that this Archer teaser was effing hilarious. Because if you can't laugh at yourself then you can you laugh at?

jmcquate

Contributor
Agreed, Archer gets pretty funny.

If I remember correctly... Wasn't the marrying a dude comment from the VFA-41 XO? He was ragging on one of the members of the squadron saying "you could have joined the Air Force...but then you would have married another dude." Then another squadron member says "Or you could be wearing a scarf!"

DISCLAIMER: not making any statements toward sexual preferences, just trying to get the facts straight from the documentary.
The scene starts at 12:52..........although it looks like the powers that be dubbed "Troll" over "Dude".