• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AR disconnector

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
A quick question...

For the most part, are all AR disconnectors the same (assuming "MILSPEC")? I have a G&R Tactical LPK and the disconnector hole won't fully line up w/ the trigger hole for the trigger pin. Pin slides in fine in all three components (lower, trigger, disconnector) individually, but when I take the trigger and disconnector out, I can see that it's not a completely round hole for the pin to go through, no matter how hard I mash down on the disconnector spring (which will cause it's own issues, even if it did work).

Looking at random pics on the web, it looks like my disconnector bottom corner might have a little more metal between the edge and the hole than others, but it's hard to tell w/ web images. I'm surprised this was an issue as this kit has good reviews online (the trigger portion is supposed to be a LMT part out). The other concern may be that the disconnector is fine, but the trigger valley is a little out of spec, but I don't think that's the problem when looking how the disconnector interfaces w/ the spring.

So, can I just go to the local gun store and pick up another disconnector without really having to worry about the "quality?" I know we're just talking about a $6 piece of steel, but wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
If you have a gun store that will sell you just a disconnector I'd just buy it and try it. LMT lowers are supposed to be pretty good. I've built a couple of lowers using their LPK's with no problems. Guess everybody comes up with an out of spec part now and then.

I've used these guys http://dynamicarmament.com/items/ar-15-m-16-mil-spec-parts/list.htm to buy individual parts with good luck. You might also buy a Colt disconnector if you can find one sold individually. (here is a Colt fire control kit from Brownells http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=4911/avs%7CManufacturer_1=COLT/Product/AR_15_FIRE_CONTROL_KIT enlarge the pic....you can see the forge marks) Colt LPK's are expensive as hell but if you compare one side by side with others (including LMT) you truly can see the difference. My SHTF AR has a Colt LPK in it but the kit cost almost $200.00 and that's pretty crazy. Other than the rare out of spec part I've never had a problem with anyone's LPK.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Okay, sounds like I need to make a trip to the gat shop. Apparently the G&R kits are parted out from various manufactures. The FCG is supposed to be LMT, and then bits of other stuff are too, as well, I guess. He sells a completel LMT kit, too, which is more expensive, but recommends his kit since he hand picks parts. Regardless, lots of people online rave about the feel of his kit once it's assembled.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
That's where I got my last LPK. It's nice because he gives you options too. For example I never use the standard pistol grip. With G&R (and a few others now) you can choose to leave it off or add a different type grip. Choices are good