• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2010 Boards

danjamlan

Hey all,

Finally cracked and joined the site after observing as a visitor for a while. I was a pro rec SNA & NFO in the April boards and wanted to say thanks for posting the stats.

Saw that at least one of you is in the L.A. area. It would be great to meet up and get a beer.

Also was wondering how many of you are still waiting on final selects like I am?

BuckWild

Advanced - VT-35
Hey all,

Finally cracked and joined the site after observing as a visitor for a while. I was a pro rec SNA & NFO in the April boards and wanted to say thanks for posting the stats.

Saw that at least one of you is in the L.A. area. It would be great to meet up and get a beer.

Also was wondering how many of you are still waiting on final selects like I am?

I don't have mine yet, but I was told the letter was mailed to my command on 26 May. My CoC is tracking down the letter.

craftingraptor

Dreaming about the P-8A
pilot
What are your stats danjamlan? And congrats on the pro-rec and hopefully the final select to follow!

I didn't bother updating, but since I'm posting, I'll mention that I already swore in and got my final select letter in hand and I'm ready to GO!!

danjamlan

Thanks very much raptor... to those of you who have your F.S. letters what are your dates?

My stats were as follows:

Washington State University
Major: Business - Finance
Minor: Biology
GPA: 3.5

SAT: Reading - 670 Math - 590
ASTB: 6/7/7 51
Commercial Pilot Certificate ASEL & AMEL 300+ flight hours
LOR's from college prof, retired AF pilot, and long time family friend
Plus lots of awards, sports, and activites
Also my Dad was a Navy Reserve Doc and my Grandfather an active duty O-5

Congrats to all those swearing in!

JONNY

I was sworn in today. OCS date is 3 OCT. Lots of papers to sign when you go to swear in so get ready to be there for a few hours.

navygraig

LT Withrow
I was sworn in today. OCS date is 3 OCT. Lots of papers to sign when you go to swear in so get ready to be there for a few hours.

How is it that you have already sworn in? My date is 03 OCT as well and my OR said that I cant come swear in until much closer to my report date. I want my white card so I can go shop at the air force base nearby! :)
I'm Graig, 28m, Southern California, SWO.

JONNY

How is it that you have already sworn in? My date is 03 OCT as well and my OR said that I cant come swear in until much closer to my report date. I want my white card so I can go shop at the air force base nearby! :)
I'm Graig, 28m, Southern California, SWO.

Congrats on getting your final select navygraig! My process went pretty quickly. I did MEPS and the PRT before my Pro-rec so I got my final select pretty fast. My guess is that every NRD works differently and my recruiter wanted me to swear in as soon as possible so he didn't have to deal with me anymore. Who knows? Hope that helps! :D

flyboy

Information Warfare Ensign
Has anybody else heard about FS letters on their way? My OR got a message a week ago that my DD368 Conditional Release had to be resigned because it expired. I guess that means they looked at my package and checked dates to discover that my Conditional Release needed to be updated. Just waiting for PERS to sign a new one and get my Final Select. It just seems like my FS is taking a while. I already have a clearance and meps/prt done 2 months ago.

GoVols1998

I know this is about the April board and what not, and congrats to everyone who got pro rec'd and final selected. I myself am preparing my package for the September board going for SNA/SPECWAR/SWO, and I am very confident about my package, aside from a DUI in my first week of college in 2006 and admitted marijuana use (10-12 times from H.S. through freshman year of college). Judging from a couple other similar posts, I am about 99% sure I won't get selected because of that history. Anyways, does anyone have any idea what I could do to help minimize the negativity for my package and improve my chances? Stats are listed below. Thanks to all.

University of Tennessee
Major: Biochemistry
Minor: Business Administration
GPA: 3.33

ACT: 30
ASTB: 8/7/7 65

LOR's from employer, long time family friend, retired 0-3 USN, retired 0-5 USAF
H.S.: multiple letters in multiple sports, 2 different scholarships, various academic awards
College: Vice president of fraternity, involved in 2 different volunteer organizations

flyboy

Information Warfare Ensign
I just got a call from my OR about my final select letter. They received it this morning. OCS date of 15 Jul 2011 because I'm BDCP. Good luck to everyone else who's still waiting.