• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2010 Boards

flyboy

Information Warfare Ensign
PRO-REC SNA BDCP!!!!!! 6/7/5 OAR 51. 3.1 GPA Embry Riddle Aeronautical University B.S. in Professional Aeronautics with a grad date of May 2011. 285 TT Private Pilot/Instrument Rated.

I've been hacking away at this for 3 years now since summer 2007. Congrats to the rest of the Pro-recs and for all those who didn't get picked up for this board, I went through a non-select back in September so I know how you feel. Just keep persistent.....that means a lot in the Navy. They would rather pick somebody who has average scores and REALLY wants it, then some genius that aces every test they've ever taken. Sometimes the smart guys don't make good Naval Officers. OCS tentative date summer 2011. Happiest day of my life!!

Kaminoshi

Georgia Institute of Technology
BS in Aerospace Engineering
GPA: 3.57
(spent last 3 years of school here)

Univ. Central Florida
BS in AE
GPA 4.0
(spent freshman year here)

Testing:
59/7/7/7

GRE
Math: 720
Verbal: 440 (whatever, math is better)

LOR:
2 family friends. One being an airtraffic controller
1 doctor who was involved with teaching at UF med as well.

Selected for NFO, dont know about the other 2 yet.

hmbeagle

Pro-Rec SNA/SNFO, chalk up another one for NRD San Francisco!

9/9/9 64
3.58 GPA from Boston College
3 strong employer LORs, no officer rec's though

I'm still in shock, congratulations to everyone and I'm looking forward to settling up my debts on the over/under!

BuckWild

Advanced - VT-35
PRO-REC SNA/SNFO!!!!

Stats:
Active Duty AT2
27 years old
BS in Technical Mangament
Devry University
3.5 GPA
OAR 50, 5/6/5
Evals (newest 1st): EP EP MP
Awards: 2 NAM’s, 2GC’s, 3-time Junior Sailor of the Quarter, Junior Sailor of the Year
PRT (newest 1st): O-M, O-M, O-L
Interviews: O-7, O-6, O-5, O-4
CO's endorsement is really solid
LOR: O-7, O-4 (ex-OIC), Congressman, Family friend
Extracurricular: President Cultural Awareness Committe, Sea Cadets, Adopt-a-schol & highway, CFL, CTT, CAT, Sea Cadets, Lots of other volunteer

Quals: CDI, QAR, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, PADI Open Water Diver

navygraig

LT Withrow
PRO REC FOR SWO!!!! I know this is an aviator site, but SWO is what I wanted!
I am so surprised at all the Pro-Recs I'm seeing! CONGRATS EVERYONE!!

To any non-selects.. Sorry guys.. KEEP AT IT IF YOU ARE YOUNG ENOUGH! I'm 28 and this was my one chance!

werdna

non-select SNA, SNFO

23 M
Non prior
8/8/7 OAR 66
2.9 GPA Univ Southern California, Business Major.

The bad:

DUI and 6 traffic tickets

definitely bummed but can't say i didn't see it coming. Gonna keep plugging away though and hopefully one of these days I will make it in.

Best of luck to everyone and congrats to the pro-recs.

Advice for the new kids: stay in school, get good grades, and don't get in trouble with the law!

boogerbrain

Non-select SWO and Information Warfare.
The acceptance rates for Intel are so slim I've given up all hope. Suppose I will reapply in 6 months.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Wow.. I'm really impressed! Congratulations to everyone selected!

I'm in for the May boards but I just couldn't avoid seeing the stats and peoples reactions. I hope that in one month's time I will be joyous as well and celebrating a SNA pro rec!
Cheers!

boogerbrain

ASTB stands for Aviation Selection Test Battery. It is the entire test. The first three sections of the ASTB is the OAR. Check out the website listed below:

http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/navmedmpte/nomi/nami/Pages/ASTBFrequentlyAskedQuestions.aspx

Thanks man. Well, if I reapply in 6 months (if Intel doesn't pick me up that is) I'll make sure to actually study before the test this time. I wasn't sure what to study the first time but now I have a better idea, and since I know the test is called the OAR test I can find good study materials on the internet.

boogerbrain

Do you know what the selection rate was for Intel and IW?

No, but I think I read somewhere on this board that 800 applied for Intel last month and only 9 were chosen. My only flicker of hope is the Intel board will see my minor in Mandarin, Chinese and give me a shot. I've been studying Chinese, in university and on my own for the last 5 years. Obviously, I'm not fluent and I do stuggle with listening comprehension if a fluent speaker speaks with me too quickly, but I do have strong reading and writing comprehension. With that said, my OAR was quite poor.
My dad, a retired Naval Commander was surprised I wasn't picked up by SWO. Oh well, I'll give it a shot again in six months.

tonio

No, but I think I read somewhere on this board that 800 applied for Intel last month and only 9 were chosen. My only flicker of hope is the Intel board will see my minor in Mandarin, Chinese and give me a shot. I've been studying Chinese, in university and on my own for the last 5 years. Obviously, I'm not fluent and I do stuggle with listening comprehension if a fluent speaker speaks with me too quickly, but I do have strong reading and writing comprehension. With that said, my OAR was quite poor.
My dad, a retired Naval Commander was surprised I wasn't picked up by SWO. Oh well, I'll give it a shot again in six months.

Add another LOR and resubmit your package. You do not have to wait 6 months if you significantly change your package. Retesting would do this for you too. Good luck to all of those who were selected.