• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Appraisal Interviews

Jarl1998

Hello!

I’ve been a lurker on the site for a little bit, and I just have a quick question in regards to my Appraisal Interviews. I know the answers are likely varied, but what do you think a successful Appraisal Interview looks like?

I have done three already, but to be honest I can’t say for certain how confident I feel about them. I don’t know if that’s part of the game, if I’m just in my head, or if I genuinely did not do excellent.

Any thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

ctiyn

I think the best way to prepare oneself for appraisal interview is to:
1. Know yourself and be able to articulate your experiences. Do not just simply talk about your background and your experiences as a leader but also confidently express lessons you have learned and specific factors in your background that can foster positivity and strengthen you as an Officer.
2. Know exactly why YOU want to be an Officer.
Everyone asks this and you really gotta think it through. Why are you going through this route rather than Chief route. Know the different roles between Officer vs Enlisted.
3. What have you done differently as an individual to seek out this opportunity? List out all your accomplishments and times when you stood up for something. Ensure you explain why these accomplishments are relevant to becoming an Officer.

I started my OCS package since 2013, finally prorec'd after my third try. Did over 30 interviews overtime. I was incredibly aweful at interviews so I really had to practice and jot down everything and memorize even.
If you really want to earn this and do a great job, you have to prepare and practice!
Hope these tips help.