• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to Pilot/NFO board HELP

BDavis11

Contributor
Those are the minimums, so I would have a study schedule in case you need to retest.
what can i do to improve those 6's. other than the UAV and dichotic (which i did good on both) im not sure what else can prepare one for the pbm

RoarkJr.

I’m baffled at some of the stats I see from prospects. “I have a 5.0 in Quantum Engineering, run a 5 minute mile and a half, built a race car in high school, my dad is a senator and I have a LOR from Admiral Nimitz. Do I have a chance???”

GEEZ man, how competitive is it? As a MECEP we even had some questionables.

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
thank you. i have been following the recent trends for the boards and prior service. Hopefully they will stay in my favor. But hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Looking at other forums the selection rate shows you have a good chance with your current scores. Maybe your GPA is a factor?

BDavis11

Contributor
Looking at other forums the selection rate shows you have a good chance with your current scores. Maybe your GPA is a factor?
I hope not. I did most of my school before I joined. Finished it 5 years after joining. Finished on the Deans list but it wasn't much I could do to raise it at that point. We will see on the 25JAN board.

Shane_R

I got a 44 9/8/8 and was selected. Make sure you study and study and study. Plus, do not go to where the Marines are doing PT lol I think I bombed the reading as all I could hear was "ONE MORE REP" being yelled directly outside the other wall. A little humor, but do not lose sight of your goal. Put in the work!
Do you have any study tips for each section? I recently just tested and scored a 39 4/6/4 on my first attempt.

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
Do you have any study tips for each section? I recently just tested and scored a 39 4/6/4 on my first attempt.

So my second test I scored a 69 9/9/8. Just remember where you struggled on the original exam and focus. I used Kyle's guide, barrons, trivium and another book from amazon. Watched lots of youtube videos on pertinent subject matter (the Navy posts a list of topics). I learned as much as I could under those topics. Created my own UAV section and have a throttle and controls. Read entire FFA handbook and studied a top a Naval info based on concepts I remembered from the first time.

I spent every waking moment I was not at work cramming. Developed a study plan and followed it to the T. It is not a tough test, but a tricky test. Since you just took it, it is fresh in your mind. I think I got a little of everything when I took the test.

Shane_R

So my second test I scored a 69 9/9/8. Just remember where you struggled on the original exam and focus. I used Kyle's guide, barrons, trivium and another book from amazon. Watched lots of youtube videos on pertinent subject matter (the Navy posts a list of topics). I learned as much as I could under those topics. Created my own UAV section and have a throttle and controls. Read entire FFA handbook and studied a top a Naval info based on concepts I remembered from the first time.

I spent every waking moment I was not at work cramming. Developed a study plan and followed it to the T. It is not a tough test, but a tricky test. Since you just took it, it is fresh in your mind. I think I got a little of everything when I took the test.

Thanks for the feedback man, I really appreciate it. Scoring that low was a huge bummer, so now I’m trying to get only 9/8’s.

Shane_R

No problem! If you have specific questions, I will do my best to answer them. You can get the score you want, you know what to expect!
Thanks man, I’d love to get in contact with you, is there any way to privately message on this website? (I’m new lol)