• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to both Services (USN/USMC)

1rotorhead

pilot
I applied to USMC and USN at the same time. Due to the selection process, I was picked by USN first. My report date to OCS was before the USMC board, so I didn't want to chance it. I did not have a preference, so that helped drive my decision. Although sometimes I wonder "what if", I don't regret going USN, it has definitely worked out. I would say that if you have a great desire to be in a specific branch, focus your efforts on that one.

HakTX

So I assume that there is no problem in disclosing that I applied to one service if I decide to apply to the other.

1rotorhead

pilot
So I assume that there is no problem in disclosing that I applied to one service if I decide to apply to the other.

I applied over 13 years ago, so things might be different. I would focus on your desire to serve your country as a reason for applying to both. Maybe some younger O's might have some more recent information.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

They are going to ask you about that so you'll be OK with first service you visit and start paperwork with, but have to disclose that fact to second one and likely update the latter. Note: There isn't an issue applying to multiple service academies or ROTC.