• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying for the AF

Status
Not open for further replies.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
EODDave said:
UI,

You aked for it, so you got it!

Your an A-hole. :D

and you haven't even met him! UI, you have a way of leaving an impression, even in people you've never met! :icon_tong

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Huey, that may be the gayest thing i've ever seen. wow...my respect for the air force.... but then again, their Q's are WAY nicer...

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Physicx said:
Since it seems that navy slots are few and far between any of you guys plan on applying to the AF?I know its not the same but at least you would get to fly and serve your country.

In response to the original question- I personally don't think the number of navy slots available should really matter to a person when they apply. If their ultimate goal is to serve our country as a military aviator, then I'd encourage them to apply to as many of the services as possible, because lets face it- putting all your eggs in one basket is foolish. I grew up around the Navy/Marine Corps and always wanted to be a naval aviator, but when i was applying, I applied to programs of all of the services (including CG) in case my first choice didn't workout. For a while, it looked like i was going to the AF , but things ended up working out, and here I am.
Yes, the Navy/Marine team is not the same as the AF, Army, and CG. Each is different and has their own way of doing things. However, no matter what service you end up in (and no matter what capacity) you are still doing more for our country and our way of life then the vast majority of the rest of the population- so more power to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.