• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

APPLYING FOR NAVY MARITIME CYBER WARFARE OFFICER

Ginaronnie

Greetings to all,
My name is Ronnie and I have been in this group for a while, just reading posts and comments. I have been active duty for 10 years now and I finally made up my mind to apply for the Navy OCS MCWO program. I have a bachelor's degree in Cybersecurity Management and Policy with a minor in Homeland security- 3.44 GPA. I am currently working on my master's in Health Informatics, have 3 NAMs, 1 Outstanding Volunteer medal, SW/AW/IW pins. I am scheduled to take my OAR in June as soon as I return from sea. My question is: In anyone's experience, is it possible to put a package together before AUG 12, 2024 or should I give it a little more time? That is the last selection board date for FY 24.
Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

exNavyOffRec

If you haven't I would read the PA and if you have questions utilize the resources you have being AD to get those answered. I would also look at the previous IWC board threads on here to get some more insight, I believe the most recent board they only selected 1 person for MCWO.

Aug is the last board for IWC to be held in FY 24 but that is not what they are selecting for as the last FY 24 selection need to be in OCS the first week of July, and the last IWC board selected people for FY 24 and FY 25.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Greetings to all,
My name is Ronnie and I have been in this group for a while, just reading posts and comments. I have been active duty for 10 years now and I finally made up my mind to apply for the Navy OCS MCWO program. I have a bachelor's degree in Cybersecurity Management and Policy with a minor in Homeland security- 3.44 GPA. I am currently working on my master's in Health Informatics, have 3 NAMs, 1 Outstanding Volunteer medal, SW/AW/IW pins. I am scheduled to take my OAR in June as soon as I return from sea. My question is: In anyone's experience, is it possible to put a package together before AUG 12, 2024 or should I give it a little more time? That is the last selection board date for FY 24.

There are things inside and outside your control.

kaldor2c7

IWC CW Mustang
Greetings to all,
Question is based on timing. What did your OR recommend?

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
Greetings to all,
Yes you could meet the deadline in Aug. to make it easier on yourself, get with your COC and CO that you intend to submit an OCS package before Aug 12 to give your CO a heads up on his/her endorsement. What you can do in the mean time is get your package together IE personal statements, medical, and start the application process. You will also need at least 3 appraisals, one of them has to be from the community you're applying for. Build your initial package, pass the OAR, seek appraisals.

exNavyOffRec

Yes you could meet the deadline in Aug. to make it easier on yourself, get with your COC and CO that you intend to submit an OCS package before Aug 12 to give your CO a heads up on his/her endorsement. What you can do in the mean time is get your package together IE personal statements, medical, and start the application process. You will also need at least 3 appraisals, one of them has to be from the community you're applying for. Build your initial package, pass the OAR, seek appraisals.
The deadline is July 12, the board is August 15.