• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

application worries

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChipK96

Does the school that you graduated from matter in regards to your GPA? I have seen some other people on here wondering about that esp. with the apparent rise in acceptable GPA. I have the required 3.2 but it's from a small school I doubt anyone had heard of. My recruiter hasn't said anything about it making a difference and told me I should be competitive with the package I've put together so far: 3.2 GPA (sociology and computer science), 52 OAR (I don't remember what my pilot and NFO ratings were but I think they were 6 or 7, 4 years of varsity football in college, 4 years of football and wrestling in hs, eagle scout, etc. I haven't taken my PRT yet but my push ups are around 70, curl ups are around 80 to 90 and I'm hoping to run in the 11 minute range. As I was told that should make me pretty competitive but any input anyone else can give would be greatly appreciated.

Goliath112

I think the school can make somewhat of a difference like (Harvard, or Yale)but, usaully the degree would be much more important. I mean as long as your school is not a degree mill.(like mail order degrees).
What's more important is how your are, not your school. If the school is accredited then its good to go. If you got a degree the navy likes then its good to go. Focus your package to let them know, What you can do for the Navy and remember that you're applying to be a naval officer not just a pilot. I have seen too many officers that are poor leaders (who don't make LCDR) because all they care about is thier flight hours. I know i'm probably preaching to the choir. anyway your stats look good. Just make sure to emphazize why you'll be a good leader and... SNA/SNFO.

Status
Not open for further replies.