• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Application timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhightower

I am wanting to know about how long it takes to get word back from the application review board once your application has been sent in.

My recruiter will have my final letter of Rec by Monday (3-3-03), and then the only thing I have left to do is the Doctor's Physical. Does the Doctors physical have to be done before the application review board looks at my application?

About when do most people here back? Thanks for your insight. Ryan

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What communities did you apply for? Based on what my recruiter tells me, that can make a difference.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
rhightower,
Assuming that my recruiter has accurate information, all aviation selections are temporarily closed. No one that I've talked to seems to know when selections will open back up. You might check with your recruiter and see if you can get this information verified.

The way I understand it is that you can't even send in your package right now - I think they've even sent a couple of packages back to my recruiter's office. I don't want to be spreading bad gouge here, so if anyone out there knows something I don't then call me on it. I'm just passing along the same FRUSTRATING information that my recruiter gave me. So to answer your question rhightower, you will likely experience a much longer wait than most people normally go through. I've been told it may be September or October (at the earliest) before they even start taking application packages again. I've also been told that it won't take anywhere near that long. So it appears that no one really knows what to expect.

Also, everything I just said applies ONLY to the Navy. I have no idea what's up with the Marine Corps. Don't want to cause mass confusion out there.

Sorry for the long post.

Good luck - let me know if your recruiter has any solid info about the whole deal.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Yes, you need to complete your physical before your package is sent.

Dave

rhightower

Just talked to my recruiter and he said that some things have recently changed about MEPS. You have to first be proffessionally recomended by the board, then you will take the physical, that is a new change. Also, he siad that he has not been told to quit sending applications in, so he believes that they are still taking people, however, it is very competitive.

Has anyone else heard anything recently?

jaznups

All I can say is I just got an answer...a thumbs up... and my package was all ready to go right b4 christmas... so I'd say roughly it took 2 monthes and some change.

Jaz

Clarity comes when the confusion is gone.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
kind of an old topic...

but i got the go-ahead to send my package up so looks like apps are NOT on hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.