• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Application Timeline for Navy OCS

tptwomey

Pro-rec'd SNA Feb 2, 2012
Hello all,

I am currently finishing up my senior year of college and will be getting my BS in June. I am also in the process of applying for Navy OCS and have a few questions about the timeline. I have gotten my LORs and reference requests taken care of and have filled out the application and all of the medical forms. I'm touching up my motivational statement and then I was going to hand in my packet. At what point will I have to take the ASTB, do my interviews and go to MEPS? The reason I ask is, I am fairly busy with work and classes at the moment and haven't had much time to prepare. Once I graduate I will have more than enough time to focus on studying for the ASTB and getting ready physically for MEPS. It makes sense to me to wait until after graduation to hand in my application packet, when I know I am better prepared. But, my recruiter keeps saying the sooner I apply the better. Getting into Navy OCS is something I am very passionate about and I want to make sure I do everything right the first time around. I greatly appreciate any advice you folks can offer me. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Thomas

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Hello all,

I am currently finishing up my senior year of college and will be getting my BS in June. I am also in the process of applying for Navy OCS and have a few questions about the timeline. I have gotten my LORs and reference requests taken care of and have filled out the application and all of the medical forms. I'm touching up my motivational statement and then I was going to hand in my packet. At what point will I have to take the ASTB, do my interviews and go to MEPS? The reason I ask is, I am fairly busy with work and classes at the moment and haven't had much time to prepare. Once I graduate I will have more than enough time to focus on studying for the ASTB and getting ready physically for MEPS. It makes sense to me to wait until after graduation to hand in my application packet, when I know I am better prepared. But, my recruiter keeps saying the sooner I apply the better. Getting into Navy OCS is something I am very passionate about and I want to make sure I do everything right the first time around. I greatly appreciate any advice you folks can offer me. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Thomas

Your OR is correct. The sooner the better! DON'T WAIT! The boards are on hold presently and the longer you wait the longer it will be from the time you graduate until you go to OCS. I'm surprised your OR hasn't scheduled you to take the ASTB yet. Taking the ASTB is one of the first things you typically do. Your schedule may have something to do with that. Unless you are overweight there isn't anything "physically" you must do to go to MEPS.

Here are two threads you need to look at:

Motivational statement
http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php/142053-Motivational-Statement-MEGA-Thread

ASTB
http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/sh...ost-your-scores-amp-ask-your-questions-here!)

Good Luck and I hope this helps.

gstapes12

BDCP FS Pilot
to continue what twobecrazy was saying, the astb is a part of your package so you definitely should take care of that asap.

GreenLantern330

To add on to what gstapes12 said, if you're working with the OR out of the recruiting office on Pensacola Street (LT. G), make sure you have you probably call at least 3 to 4 weeks before you're ready to schedule an ASTB appointment. When I called to set up a test date, since they test over at FAMU and there's only one computer, I had to wait a month to get an appointment.

tptwomey

Pro-rec'd SNA Feb 2, 2012
Thanks for the quick response guys. GreenLantern330, I actually am working with Lt. G so I will go ahead and set up a test date as soon as I can. I suppose once I have a test date, I will have to make time to study. Thanks again and any other advice is greatly appreciated.

Thomas

GreenLantern330

Sounds good. He'll call you the day before you go to test to confirm the test date, so if anything and you still feel unprepared you can always push it back, though you'd probably want to do that before he contacts you lol. Best of luck!