• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Application Questions

kidday03

I am in the process of getting all of my documents together to turn into my recruiter. I take the ASTB in 2 weeks, but am trying to turn everything into my recruiter when I go up there (assuming I do well).

Here are my questions:

- Do the interviews and LOR's need to be typed by the individual or can they be handwritten?

- Do the originals need to be turned in? Most of the people that I am getting them from are in different states and I will be doing everything through email. I wasn't sure if they needed to be mailed to me or if they can be scanned and emailed.

- Do our official transcripts need to be mailed from the school directly to the recruiters office?

I know someone will probably tell me to "ask my recruiter," trust me, I have. I have not met him face to face yet and haven't taken the ASTB and dont think he is into giving me all this until he see's how well I do on the test. I am confident that I will do good and want to walk in his office wilth all the info that I can, in hand.

Thanks in advance!

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor
1- Do the interviews and LOR's need to be typed by the individual or can they be handwritten?

2- Do the originals need to be turned in? Most of the people that I am getting them from are in different states and I will be doing everything through email. I wasn't sure if they needed to be mailed to me or if they can be scanned and emailed.

3- Do our official transcripts need to be mailed from the school directly to the recruiters office?

4- I have not met him face to face yet and haven't taken the ASTB and dont think he is into giving me all this until he see's how well I do on the test. I am confident that I will do good and want to walk in his office wilth all the info that I can, in hand.

1 and 2: Most recruiters seem to prefer everything as an electronic copy to cut down on lag time due to the postal service. A typed up .doc e-mailed to him about your interview will do nicely. If not, a scanned copy or a fax, in that order. (NB, This was my recruiter and a friend's recruiter's preference order. Our recs did not need to be original)

3: As a general rule of thumb, get a few copies of your transcript. Mail two directly to him, and then get a few copies for yourself so you can scan them or give them to him directly if he needs them or if the postal service messes up. (Mine were received within a few days, but my PN needed a copy later on that I handed to him face to face)

4: You're probably right. He has to ascertain that you're a viable candidate before he invests too much time in you. Doing well on your ASTB and walking in with docs in hand will go a long way towards convincing him of your chances and professionalism.
Hope this helps.

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
(Jynx beat me to it)

As far as LOR's I believe they can be ether hadwritten or typed but they wanted mine signed and faxed from the person recommending you to the recruiting office, perferably on their own letterhead.

Yes they need the originals. Just email them the Fax address and ask them to Fax it there when they have time.

Transcripts need to be official. They will accept open ones that you have temporarily if they trust you. But you need ones that are sealed and official stamped. I would just go to the school and have them send it direct if you dont have a copy on file.

Good Luck.

kidday03

Thanks for the respnonse, it was very helpful. Now I have another one :eek:

I am getting an interview with the CO of the Supply Corps School, in Athens. I am thankful for this interview and want to inform the Capt of what is needed for the recruiter. Do you think I should take a hard copy of the Interview form in there to him so he can see it and write on it? If it is supposed to be typed should I tell him that I will re-type what he has written and bring it back for his signature? The last thing that I want to do is waste his time or have him do something twice.

SWOHopeful

Thanks for the respnonse, it was very helpful. Now I have another one :eek:

I am getting an interview with the CO of the Supply Corps School, in Athens. I am thankful for this interview and want to inform the Capt of what is needed for the recruiter. Do you think I should take a hard copy of the Interview form in there to him so he can see it and write on it? If it is supposed to be typed should I tell him that I will re-type what he has written and bring it back for his signature? The last thing that I want to do is waste his time or have him do something twice.

Kidday03, there is a specific interview form that you are going to need to have. Get with your recruiter to get that form and email it in advance to the person you are interviewing with. You will also get to see the types of questions they are going to ask you and that should help you prepare for the interview. I'm assuming you went to UGA? I graduated from there a couple of years ago and just got my pro-rec back in Aug. If you're getting recruited out of the Atlanta office they have a good track record with UGA applicants. Also, see if you can get one more interview out of the Supply school. The CO should be able to help you out with that.

kidday03

Thanks for all your help. Yah, I think interviews are different, they are not required for suppply, but I figure it couldn't hurt. That would be awesome if I could get an interview and an LOR from the Supply school CO, I might have to check into that.

kidday03

Kidday03, there is a specific interview form that you are going to need to have. Get with your recruiter to get that form and email it in advance to the person you are interviewing with. You will also get to see the types of questions they are going to ask you and that should help you prepare for the interview. I'm assuming you went to UGA? I graduated from there a couple of years ago and just got my pro-rec back in Aug. If you're getting recruited out of the Atlanta office they have a good track record with UGA applicants. Also, see if you can get one more interview out of the Supply school. The CO should be able to help you out with that.

I found the form that I needed on here, so that was helpful. I didn't go to UGA, but I am here in Athens because my husband is an ENS here at the Supply School. I must say it is convenient to have access to the officers here. I will definitely see if I can get an interview with the XO, with how competetive selection is lately, I need all the advantages I can get :D

m26

Contributor
3: As a general rule of thumb, get a few copies of your transcript. Mail two directly to him, and then get a few copies for yourself so you can scan them or give them to him directly if he needs them or if the postal service messes up. (Mine were received within a few days, but my PN needed a copy later on that I handed to him face to face)

+1

I got copies sent to my recruiter 30 days ago. Yesterday, I received them in the mail. Turns out, they were mailed to my former home in FL, forwarded to my parents in NY, who opened them and sent them to me in the mail here in UT. The worst part? On the transcripts it says "Mail to: Recruiter's name, Recruiter's address."

Hopefully they'll let me submit them (otherwise I want my $20 back!).

Viashino684

Final Select SNA
I am in the process of getting all of my documents together to turn into my recruiter. I take the ASTB in 2 weeks, but am trying to turn everything into my recruiter when I go up there (assuming I do well).

Here are my questions:

- Do the interviews and LOR's need to be typed by the individual or can they be handwritten?

- Do the originals need to be turned in? Most of the people that I am getting them from are in different states and I will be doing everything through email. I wasn't sure if they needed to be mailed to me or if they can be scanned and emailed.

- Do our official transcripts need to be mailed from the school directly to the recruiters office?

I know someone will probably tell me to "ask my recruiter," trust me, I have. I have not met him face to face yet and haven't taken the ASTB and dont think he is into giving me all this until he see's how well I do on the test. I am confident that I will do good and want to walk in his office wilth all the info that I can, in hand.

Thanks in advance!

Make sure on those LOR's that the person writing one for you, HAND SIGNS it. I had to have some of mine resubmitted because the people figured a electronic type signature would do. Get them to print them out, sign them, then fax them so you dont have to deal with resending, or finding those people, later on down the road!

Then just as send earlier, make copies of every single thing you fill out or are going to turn in, if they ever come up lost it makes for a quick fix.

kidday03

Okay, another question :D

I was just told by my recruiter that I need to have my CO's recommendation since I am in the Reserves. He also told me that there is no specific form for this and it is not the same as an LOR, it is just his recommendation as to "yes" or "no" he recommends me for this application.

Has anyone else had to do this? I just want to be able to tell my CO exactly what is needed so that I dont waste our time. Is it just a standard letter on our letterhead? Is there anything specific that should be stated in the letter besides his recommendation?

Thanks!