• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Application mishap

WishICouldFly

UO Future Pork Chop
So I just found out that my recruiter put me in for AMDO instead of IW for the July Boards(my other two choices were correct). I had made the decision to change from AMDO to IW over the phone, but the last email he had looked at said AMDO.
Is there anything I can do about this?

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Philisophically, I suggest you wait to see if you get picked up for AMDO. If not, then no problem and you can re-apply to IW. If you do get picked up for AMDO, then you have some thinking to do.

As for correcting the mistake, I defer to those who have applied more recently. My advice is nearly 10 years old! :eek:

WishICouldFly

UO Future Pork Chop
Oh, I already heard that I wasn't picked up for AMDO. That's how I found out that I was applying for it...haha...When I read that, I had a half "Question Mark" half "Oh crap!" expression.
I think AMDO would have been great, but from what I hear, they generally pull AMDO officers out of Prior enlisted, and so I knew my chances wouldn't be too high.
Hopefully Intel (which is what I really want) pulls through.

schwarti

Contributor
I don't think that your recruiter could actually change anything on your application without you signing a new copy - legally, you've gotta sign what gets sent in. Unless you signed a new application with the I/W designator instead of the AMDO one (the first page, at least), you didn't actually change what you were applying for, to the best of my knowledge. Something similar happened to me, which we caught before the package got sent in. I had to resign and resubmit that first page with the updated info on it.

Not sure about what to do in your situation at this point, though. Sorry for the lack of helpful advice there, other than just ask your recruiter again. Maybe they can call down to CNRC and get your application pulled before it gets considered, and resubmit for the next board? Just thinking out loud, as it were, I dunno if that'd be possible.

Edit: Well, if you already didn't get picked up for AMDO, it's probably too late to see if your recruiter can pull your package. I guess just wait and see - if you don't get picked up for anything else, you can always reapply with IW on there.