• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

(Apparently) New Photo: Airbus 380 Cockpit

I'm almost positive there are issues with the size, landing distance, and whether or not the aircraft its too tall to dock at big airports. Dubai is building a completely new airport just for the A380.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
TXHusker05 said:
Isn't NorthWest flying (or going to be flying) them out of Detroit to Amsterdam? Seems like I read that in the NWA inflight magazing on a trip to the coast once.
You are thinking (I think) of the A-330 ...

2114.jpg

Personally, I don't think the A-380 will ever "make" it --- they will have to sell over 400+ of them to break even. :icon_lol: It ain't gonna' happen .... :icon_rast

T

TXHusker05

Is that Oprah way down on the right screen? Forget your cockpit :)

And a Heiniken and a Big Mac... what is wrong with you. Quality beer vs. lack of quality chow. I do like the fuzzy dice and the PS2 though, adds a nice touch. I'm surprised you didn't get a mini picture of AW in one of those screens.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
WTF are those big bulges near the FMS keyboard? Please tell me that it isn't some kooky ergonomic thing.

Brett

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Brett327 said:
WTF are those big bulges near the FMS keyboard? Please tell me that it isn't some kooky ergonomic thing.

Brett

Those are the "mouse" for the integrated graphical FMS. They can move the cursor on any MFD with it. It's just basically a big ergonomic mouse with lots of HOTAS styly buttons to click on to interact with the systems.

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
For those who have experienced it, what's it like flying with a stick rather than a yoke?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ChuckMK23 said:
Those are the "mouse" for the integrated graphical FMS. They can move the cursor on any MFD with it. It's just basically a big ergonomic mouse with lots of HOTAS styly buttons to click on to interact with the systems.
Well, if you ask me, it looks like the center console has got a pair of tits. Fvcking Europeans!

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Stick or yoke??? It's all relative. I do both. They both work ... real good. I have no real preference --- they exist in different worlds, different aircraft, different requirements.

@ 3500+ hours stick
@ 16500+ hours yoke

The only time I was burdened by a "yoke" was in my first marriage ....