• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

(Apparently) New Photo: Airbus 380 Cockpit

Sundown

Eight-year-olds, Dude...
Usually I could care less, but I figured a lot of you would find this interesting. Plus I have to admit, it is a frickin' sweet cockpit even though it doesn't blow sh!t up.

The New Bus Is Here

Jameski

Samsonite... I was WAY off!!
Well, that allows them to play a little spider solitaire on those long, international flights! :)

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Hey, where are the jumbo cupholders? Where is the pilot supposed to put his Big Gulp? And the new Airbus is supposed to be on the cutting edge of technology. . .:rolleyes:

:D

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Is the guy in the left seat supposed to be a lefty? Or are those not control sticks?

nugget81

pilot
skidkid said:
yeah Airbus uses left handed control sticks-only the French.

And the Canadians, and yes, even the Americans. The Diamond DA-42 Twinstar requires the left seat pilot to use the left hand for the control stick as does the Cirrus SR-20 and SR-22. BTW the A380 flight deck is very cool (until you get an electrical failure).

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
It ain't that hard:

Left seat=you fly with your left hand and say things like: "Oh, boy ... BOY !!! ... get me some coffee, boy ... "

Right seat=you fly with your right hand ... call me "Sir" and laugh at my jokes ...

.... now THIS ... THIS would be a cockpit:

snort

Banned
Yeah, my bro works for EADS in Mobile, in design. It's a really sweet cockpit.

Almost as sweet as my Piper Meridian. lol

ZoomByU

Woo Woo
goosegagnon2 said:
Windows and the fact it doesn't really fit into any American Airports could be a problem.
maybe that is why only FedEx, UPS, and ILFC are the only companies that have ordered them.

T

TXHusker05

Isn't NorthWest flying (or going to be flying) them out of Detroit to Amsterdam? Seems like I read that in the NWA inflight magazing on a trip to the coast once.