• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

App Date / Board Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DairyCreamer

Howdy all,

Well... after an apparantly successful interview / meeting with the local NRD XO, learned some new info.

I probably wont be sending my application in until mid-September now, as it appears there aren't any aviation selection boards until October due to slots of all sorts for this year being filled. That's all well and good though, since I can spend the next few months losing weight and hardening up rather than trying to crash down on weight.

Second... with the understanding that the pilot and NFO boards are separate beings, if an application goes in to each board at/near the same time with pilot and NFO both listed, do you think there's any consideration by the NFO board of "he'd rather go pilot, let's not select," or the pilots saying "he's willing to go NFO and we need NFO's, let's not select?"

Just curious on a slow Tuesday morning. Thanks!

~Nate

Jas1029

Is this absolutely true? The boards for SNA don't meet until October? Would there be any way to confirm this? It would be real important to me if there was a way to know this for sure,

also, can you replace a chioce while your application is out? Like, replacing SNA with NFO or SEALs?

DairyCreamer

No idea about absolutes... this is only what I've heard. Navy could up and have 20 boards for all I know. Seems logical though that if things for this fiscal year are already full, there would be no need for them to meet any time soon.

Replacing a choice sounds like a question for your recruiter, but I would somehow doubt it is a possibility once the package is actually sent. Seeing as you can put 3 choices, it shouldn't be a problem anyway.

~Nate

Minnie

Ummm... not to be a b!tch here, but why wouldn't you just send your package when it was ready? What if there did happen to be a board and you missed it because you held on to your package? Besides, this is a moot point considering FY quotas are based upon when you GRADUATE from OCS, not when you apply. You would have to be placed in an OCS class by July to graduate this FY.

DairyCreamer

Trust me when I say I was a little confused by the notion. However, seeing as I trust the source of the information (certain folk at my local NRD), I dont see why they would steer me wrong in terms of just putting in an application.

I know that FY quotas are based on graduation, etc. etc. I've been playing this game for 2 years now. I'm trying my best to follow their advice on how best to get looked at seriously.

~Nate

Status
Not open for further replies.