• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API to Primary ?'s

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
I have a tendency to defend Vance....

You make valid points. However, I say train Navy if given the choice... and I merely meant to warn the new poster about how much Vance is "Targetted and Sold" to the guys in the A-Pool. And now... it seems this thread has again degraded to a Vance-Bash-Session... mostly my fault. Sorry.

The leadership at Vance... varies. I may have bad experiences there... but of the three Navy guys I still keep in touch with from my time there... we all have between 4 and 7 pink sheets in our training jackets. And more than one of mine were for failing to complete a "Stand-Up" session... once because I misspoke a BoldFace. Not didn't know it... misspoke it. Once you've said it wrong, even if you immediatly correct your slip-up... you get Sat Down, are grounded from the flight schedule for the day, and get written up. Which when you transfer back to a Navy command they print out a pinksheet for you.

"Sir, I will maintain Aircraft Control, Analyze the Situation, Take the Proper Action, and Land as Soon as Conditions Permit"

etc etc... "Sir a Boldface applies: PCL - OFF, FIRE LEVER - PULL I mean FIRE HANDLE - PULL"

"ENS Purdue, SIT DOWN."

My other pinksheets are for getting airsick.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Do not marry Corpus locals OR A&M students. They are in Corpus for a reason.

That is all.

This gouge has been around for so long. I checked into API back in late 93 then rolled into Corpus in 94. I used to make fun of guys who met their wives in flight school as well. WTF, can't meet chicks anywhere else in the US? What the hell is wrong with them? Fucking dorks...........then I go and meet a girl at Booters, in Corpus, from Corpus, just enrolled in A&M and now my wife for over 12 years :eek: Though I bow my head in shame, at least she wasn't a NAG and had just moved back to Corpus after living in Lubbock for 5 years. Well, I hope she wasn't a NAG......I hope :eek:

Giggles

pilot
Thats great stuff! Thanks for the help. I'm pretty sure I'll just be happy anywhere out side of Utah, so I wont be complaining whereever I get put after API. But everything was helpfull. What are Boldfaces? Im guessing EP's or something. And, I thought the T-34's were being replaced with the T-6A's, Is this still happening?

Pags

N/A
pilot
"Stand-Up" session
As much as I've questioned the air force and their training methods, it does seem that stand up sessions would definitely give you some earlier training for HAC scenaio/board situations.

That being said, I would like to see the PaveHawk's Dash-1 and see what sort of EPs they consider "bold face" and which 60S EPs they don't consider to be CMIs.

Killer2

TRONS!
None
What are Boldfaces? Im guessing EP's or something. And, I thought the T-34's were being replaced with the T-6A's, Is this still happening?

Yeah they are EP's and at VANCE there are ten of them. Boldface is the AF way of saying you have to know how to do those items right away. The T-34 will be replaced by the T-6 at Whiting then Corpus, when is more of the question you should ask. CNATRA says soon, but they also say that the T-2 will be replaced by the T-45 soon too. We shall see.

FLY_USMC

pilot
After a little PM'ing with Purdue, I'm now convinced your experiences at Vance....like the other bases....can vary greatly.

Maybe Tweet land was a little more laid back than the Texan side..but our Flight Commanders were pretty good dudes. I've recently learned that it's not always the case, BUT, that's probably to be expected.

I didn't learn to hate the Chair Force honestly until Sun-N-Fun....and I will continue to do so until my newest, most recent experience with them ends up being a positive one.

Aren't there really only about 10 for the T-34 (and no, I'm not counting split-flap)? I can only come up w/ 5 off the top of my head, but then I was never good at this memorization stuff.

There are 23 ep's where every step has an asterisk.

I was just relaying what I've heard from my buddies that are there. I wanted to go to Vance, but I love the Navy way of doing things and the t-34 is pretty fun to fly.

S3b_viking

It really depends on what flight and squadron you're going into up at Vance. My flight has a Navy Flight Commander, Assistant Flight Commander, and the CO of the squadron is Navy. My Air Force IP's are also awesome as well. I do know of our flight next door that is not so lucky and life blows for them, but it isn't so bad here. The T-6 is absolutely awesome and I dont regret any day I get to train in it. My experience might be exceptional, but it can't be THAT bad unless you just suck.

FLY_USMC

pilot
but it can't be THAT bad unless you just suck.
The absolute deciding factor in everybody's Primary experience....BTW...the sooner you realize breaking at 200 is not cool, the sooner you and I will get a long:) UNLESS, it is slow break Friday<----that one's for you SemperGumbi.

phrogpilot73

Do yourself a favor and ask for Corpus. I can almost guarantee you will have a good time in Corpus. I know the beaches aren't as clean as p-cola but hell, how much time are you really going to spend at the beach if doing primary in Milton? Not a whole lot is the correct answer to that. Trust me, you won't be sorry.
How do you feel qualified to answer that one? Your profile says you did Primary in Corpus. I don't know about anybody else, but I spent quite a bit of time at the beach in P-Cola. Pretty much every night I went out, and just about every weekend. Throw in a trip or two to Destin as well. So the correct answer is - as much time as you want to, depending on your schedule.

The absolute deciding factor in everybody's Primary experience....BTW...the sooner you realize breaking at 200 is not cool, the sooner you and I will get a long:)
What about breaking at 100? :D