• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API rumor control

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
+1. This isn't the first time someone has screwed it away in A-pool (or beyond) and it won't be the last. Your words, however true, wills surely fall on the deaf ears of the next guy to make an example of himself, on the off-chance that he/she is actually reading AW.

There are truths to your words. People seem to need constant reminders via someone setting the example, or becoming the example. Might this make a difference? Perhaps. Perhaps not. Now I'll sound like a bleeding heart liberal by stating "If I can reach even one person"... Ok, enough of that

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
This thread is already stupid...

You should be spending more time out drinking and less time on AW's bitching about how lame your paid vacation is...

Now I'm back to procrastinating studying NATOPS...

Pickle

Great example of alcohol and ego. Thanks for illustrating my point.

AJTranny

Over to the dark side I go...
pilot
None
Do you really think anyone read what you wrote and had an epiphany to start making good decisions out in town? Sure, take care of your buddies. That should be common sense. There are always idiots that can't figure it out. I say fuck em. They have no business in this business. Maybe mustering in whites will teach the bad apples to grow the fuck up. Tired of a few spoiling it for everyone? Get used to it. It may or not be effective, but that's how the military works. Especially API. I can't say I blame them. They do more babysitting than they should have to.

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
Do you really think anyone read what you wrote and had an epiphany to start making good decisions out in town? Sure, take care of your buddies. That should be common sense. There are always idiots that can't figure it out. I say fuck em. They have no business in this business. Maybe mustering in whites will teach the bad apples to grow the fuck up. Tired of a few spoiling it for everyone? Get used to it. It may or not be effective, but that's how the military works. Especially API. I can't say I blame them. They do more babysitting than they should have to.

I've been in this business for a while and you are right. Its the same old poop different toilet regarding these folks.

Do I think someone will have an epiphany? "If we can just reach one person".... That sums it up.

My $0.02 on your statement: If we all had that kind of common sense, then there wouldn't be a need to "only reach that one person".

Alas, point taken.

JonDW7

Wonderful. Somebody ALWAYS manages to screw up A-pool. I am pretty sure if you are around for more than a few weeks, then you will feel the fallout from somebody doing something dumb.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
It seems like there's plenty of "gouging-up" going on within each wave of new SNAs reporting to NASP, but not much inter-wave gouging-up going on. Here's an idea: have each moronic-incident offender write up what they did HAZREP/SIR-style with higher management attaching their comments and a summary of the consequences experienced by the offender and his/her peers. Then make the binder of these "DUMB-REPs" required reading for all new NASC reportees.
They say NATOPS is written in blood? Well, the DUMB-REP binder will be written in black shoe polish.

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
Wonderful. Somebody ALWAYS manages to screw up A-pool. I am pretty sure if you are around for more than a few weeks, then you will feel the fallout from somebody doing something dumb.

As you probably read on the first page, someone always manages to give a command a bad name or do something silly like this no matter where you go. All commands have incidences like this. I just dislike it when it adversely effects my vacation...I mean A-pool. :icon_smil

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
It seems like there's plenty of "gouging-up" going on within each wave of new SNAs reporting to NASP, but not much inter-wave gouging-up going on. Here's an idea: have each moronic-incident offender write up what they did HAZREP/SIR-style with higher management attaching their comments and a summary of the consequences experienced by the offender and his/her peers. Then make the binder of these "DUMB-REPs" required reading for all new NASC reportees.
They say NATOPS is written in blood? Well, the DUMB-REP binder will be written in black shoe polish.

.........I like it!

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
standard API leadership by internet post every couple months when a new batch of commissioned Ensigns report in
Great try except you're posting it on the internet. You're preaching to the choir here. I'm sure most of the guys on airwarriors give a damn about their careers, and everything you have just said is an echo to the standards and practices most of us already maintain. Whenever you have a bunch of young hot heads, someone is always bound to get in trouble. We had it when I was in A-Pool, others had it when they were in A-Pool before me, and other future studs will have to deal with it long after you leave A-Pool. Let those who obviously don't give a damn about their careers filter out. I have to agree with everything AJTranny has said. Everywhere you go somebody's going to mess it up, just recently here we had someone wrestle a cop and get tased. No one in TW-4 made a thread about it complaining and correcting everyone. Do you really expect the fuck up Ensigns to read your post and be out on town and ask themselves "What Would mh53eflyguy Do?" and act accordingly?

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
Great try except you're posting it on the internet. You're preaching to the choir here. I'm sure most of the guys on airwarriors give a damn about their careers, and everything you have just said is an echo to the standards and practices most of us already maintain. Whenever you have a bunch of young hot heads, someone is always bound to get in trouble. We had it when I was in A-Pool, others had it when they were in A-Pool before me, and other future studs will have to deal with it long after you leave A-Pool. Let those who obviously don't give a damn about their careers filter out. I have to agree with everything AJTranny has said. Everywhere you go somebody's going to mess it up, just recently here we had someone wrestle a cop and get tased. No one in TW-4 made a thread about it complaining and correcting everyone. Do you really expect the fuck up Ensigns to read your post and be out on town and ask themselves "What Would mh53eflyguy Do?" and act accordingly?

Well, Yeah.... :)

I'm in agreement with you. However, I lament to my prior post where I wrote "If just one person". I think I've illustrated that enough and I appreciate everyone's feedback from guys that have been around, but I think we are all echoing the same things here. However, with that statement, "If I can just reach one A-pooler" I think I've summed up my complete objective in starting this thread.

AJTranny

Over to the dark side I go...
pilot
None
I have to say this is the most interesting AW read in about a month. Too bad it's about this stupid shit.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
OP, I was one of those Ensigns that started a thread a few months ago when someone did something in A-pool. I felt terribly proud for thinking I had laid the smackdown on people who I thought were wrong. It lasted for a few days, caused quite a brouhaha, then do you know what happened?

Everyone forgot about it. And nothing in A-pool changed at all.

Everyone will forget about this too. And A-pool will not change at all.

There isn't much difference you can make in A-pool to those douches who don't want to hold their shit together while they wait. They're going to get trashed and break things or people, or both, or end up in jail or outside the liberty zone or some such nonsense. Not a thing you say here or at muster will change them. A-pool is fun, and some people abuse that fun, so it becomes unfun for a while, like a big pendulum. That's all there is to it. The douches get weeded out on account of their douchebaggery, and the ones who actually want to be there and won't risk it by being stupid will eventually get to API, then continue the training pipeline.

I'd advise you, as one who has very recently BTDT, to relax. Idiots happen. Just keep clear of 'em.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Here's how it is. API/NASC is the gateway to Naval Aviation. Everyone who is there JUST GOT into the Navy. Therefore, you will have the best of the best, along with the dregs. By the time you get to the fleet, the retards (at least a good many of them) have fucked up and been kicked out or sent elsewhere by then. A few bad apples always make it through but the above is mostly true. Plus the fact everyone is a few years older, a few years on their own to get the partying done and a couple ranks higher with more responsibilities.

Unfortunately that means that for the good folks in API, you're going to pay for the dregs' mistakes, since they are in the process of, or haven't yet been, kicked out/sent elsewhere.

And another thing about "tipsy taxi" or 411 cards. It IS NOT a valid excuse to use it because it's there, or since you "spent all of your money on alcohol". So don't go blow 200 bucks at the bar and use your freeby card to get home. WRONG. If you do that, and something happens, you will get hammered for that on top of whatever else you got in trouble for that warranted investigation. Those cards are for use ONLY when you are stranded without a ride and BROKE. As in, no more CC/Debit cards and no cash. So don't "plan" on going downtown, getting hammered and using your card to get home. DUMB.

/rant