• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API Report Date

JD858

"Panda"
pilot
Hey, I'm commissioning in June, and I was wondering if any of the other 2012 year group guys have gotten word from BUPERS on their report dates to Pensacola yet. From what I've heard, it seems really hit and miss.

JD858

"Panda"
pilot
I was told to expect NLT 15 June....orders, however, are forthcoming.

yeah we have one of the latest (if not THE latest) commissioning on 21 June, so I'm not holding my breath for an early set of orders. Just wondering if most have been issued orders, or if a lot of fellas are in the same boat as me. As far as the people commissioning with me, no one's gotten any word as of yet.

falco

yeah we have one of the latest (if not THE latest) commissioning on 21 June, so I'm not holding my breath for an early set of orders. Just wondering if most have been issued orders, or if a lot of fellas are in the same boat as me. As far as the people commissioning with me, no one's gotten any word as of yet.

2 of us are commissioning 18 May (ROTC). No orders yet. :( They've said "Any day now..." Since the beginning of April.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Don't worry....they aren't going to forget you. I've spent exactly 9 nights in my college town since I pinned butter bars 4+ years ago. Enjoy the time off there! :)

OCS grads haven't been getting orders until the day of graduation. Last class got them at 8am morning of grad. It's no big surprise...guess where you'll be going?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You've got me beat. NLT 17 Aug for me but I'll be moving down there 1 Aug and enjoying the sun, beach, and beer.

You have the right idea Nasty, there are few beaches in the U.S. finer than PBeach. Enjoy your 2+ weeks 'til your report date, but be clear-headed & well rested when the bell rings. API isn't a piece of cake, but if you work hard and keep your nose clean, you will get ample time to spend at the beach.

Back in the day, even as lowly NAVCADs, after the first couple weeks in Preflight, we got weekend (days) off to enjoy beach, brews, & honeys. See me and my PF Class 44-56 buddies enjoying the PBeach dunes during Preflight. Beautiful beach weather (this was in Dec.):)

The second thumbnail was a day cruise we took in Preflight aboard the USS Saipan (CVL-48), to observe SNAs doing their initial CARQUALs (in SNJs). Fun times. You will forge some 'lifetime' friendships in this business right from the git-go! About half the group of kids in both photos, I'm still in communication with 56 years later, and many more I have often run across around the globe before I retired!:D
PensacolaBeach#2(2).jpgon the Saipan ret.jpg
BzB

Stalin

I wouldn't really burn too much leave before reporting because the long wait in A-pool is almost as good as leave... I'd save most my leave for holidays or when you really need them but that's just my opinion

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I've been here a week and don't want to ever leave. Bama babes, beach and beer...God Bless the Navy.

Hopefully you don't mean the skinny meth head locals or the fat beer gut cheerleaders... unless you're in to that sort of woman...