• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API Gouge

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Ok, just a little bit of information that I didn't see on here that might be useful.

Flightsuits - These will be issued during week 3, near the end of the week. Marines these are considered a utility uniform and therefore should not be worn out around town. (I know should be common sense)

Tests - be careful of the wording on the tests they can get a little tricky. Study the ELOs and you will do fine. The first test is Aero I on the 2nd monday followed by Weather on the 2nd Thursday. Following that tests will hit about twice a week.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
IceWoman04 said:
You call this gouge? If you do a search, there are tons of good threads on API gouge... I would not call this gouge... I would call this random crap.
Please tell me this post is a joke or something. While the above was not the best gouge I have ever seen, the intent to help out those behind him was there. I would much rather go through flight school with someone like that individual, than with someone who's only advice is to call his attempt at helping "random crap."

As many (including myself) told you when you were still a MIDI, loose the attitude and try being a team player.

/R

WannaBEaP3gal

bch said:
Please tell me this post is a joke or something. While the above was not the best gouge I have ever seen, the intent to help out those behind him was there. I would much rather go through flight school with someone like that individual, than with someone who's only advice is to call his attempt at helping "random crap."

As many (including myself) told you when you were still a MIDI, loose the attitude and try being a team player.

/R
Whoa... First of all, I was being sarcastic dude... just stating the obvious that this is stuff they tell you the first day of API... and as I mentioned, if you do a search, you will find out a lot more gouge.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
No. You're wrong.

edit: There's been a lot of posts regarding the lack of current API gouge. This guy's just posting some stuff he didn't see anywhere else. Good on him.

IceWoman04 said:
Whoa... First of all, I was being sarcastic dude... QUOTE]

Maybe next time, due to the inability to accurately portray sarcasm through text, you might think of including either a smiley face (i'd suggest :icon_wink or :icon_smil ) and/or parenthesis stating your tone (eg "(best sarcasm tone)") after your sarcastic statement.

Just a friendly suggestion to avoid replies like the one's you inevitably incurred.

jai5w4 :icon_smil

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Ya know...I have gotten a lot of good gouge from AW regardless if it was "random crap." An SNA or SNFO who feels that the information would be valuable to those of us still awaiting IFS/API should feel free to post it. Slamming that person is just plain mean.

WannaBEaP3gal

My bad everyone, my apologies! ... Back to the subject... here's some gouge I hope help out some people:
-Have you and your classmates pack a lunch (if they want) so you can press through classes and get home earlier.
-Most definitions need to be memorized word for word, cause you never know which way they can mix and match a couple definitions on you.
-Try and keep in contact with some class members a class or two ahead of you, that way they can tell you how the tests/classes/instructors are
-Do the NAV homework!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, I found you could answer a lot of the the NAV test questions by simply estimating... as they will teach you in class... big time saver!
...Everyone has their own advice for API, this is just mine, do what you'd like with it!

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Great gouge IceWoman. Now thats whats I'm talking about. Do IT! Do IT! Bacardi 'n coke....DO IT! :)

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Holy crap, never thought that I would have a thread on here that had a fight that I didn't start. ;) Anyway, like Ice said everyone has their own study techniques and ideas so regardless of what anyone says don't just follow it and assume that you will do fine.

Here are some websites that are particularly useful, with a word of caution;
Debich - good site with all of the ELOs and study guides on the site. As with anything double check the work but so far I haven't heard of too many problems with wrong answers on them.

Navy Gouge - Interesting site, lots of practice tests but unfortunately a little outdated and there are lots of questions that have the wrong answers on them. Also, I found (and have heard) that the wording on the tests on the site are remarkibly bad compared the actual test.

Ok, again sorry if this is a little repeditive just trying to get more information out that might help someone coming up. Also here are some threads that I did find on here that might be helpful as well...

Swimming
All branches at API
Actual Training Command (Where it takes place)
Apartments - Military Clause

Hope it helps.

Reactions: E5B

BOMBSonHAWKEYES

pilot
The gouge on the flight suits at the end of the third week is actually kind of new because when i was there we got them more toward the middle of the third week, but you could consider that the late middle half if you were too anxious.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Mefesto said:
I've said it before I'll say it again...

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT go to Wings/Things and pay to have all the **** sewn on your flight suit. Get one MAYBE 2 done.... save yourself 60 bucks and the PR's when you get to Primary will do it for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Mefesto - how many flight suits do we get? I had never heard of that, so thanks. Who does them at Primary?