• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API Attrite's Options

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
On the NPC website - you can find info about the communities. When I transferred a year ago, I just called the community managers number listed. I was looking at PAO and HR. Both were quite helpful and gave me real expectations if I were to be selected. Overall it helped me decide HR was the path I needed to go (even though PAO was originally my first choice).
That's some golden gouge. And it applies to everything. When in doubt, call someone and ask.

Beefalo

OP feel free to PM me. I graduated OCS in August, we might know each other. There were quite a few aviation attrites in Information Warfare Basic Course in Pensacola. I can put you in touch with other IW JO's or IDC officers if you are considering it. IW has alot more slots then IP from what I hear. When we did the IDC brief at OCS the IDC officers said they maybe get 1 or 2 IP officers through OCS while IW officers will be in the double digits.

Just my humble opinion IW sounds like the more exciting option since you can get the opportunity to ride subs, surface ships, EP-3, NSW, cyber, etc. But I dont know the IP career path so they may do some exciting stuff to.

Rubleaa

Hello everyone. I just wanted to touch base and let everyone know what I have found out. I am also a medical attrite from Nuclear Power School. I have spoken with the Community Managers and have learned what some of the communities are looking for. If anyone has a general question, I think I can answer it. If it is specific, I may be able to. Please let me know!

exNavyOffRec

Hello everyone. I just wanted to touch base and let everyone know what I have found out. I am also a medical attrite from Nuclear Power School. I have spoken with the Community Managers and have learned what some of the communities are looking for. If anyone has a general question, I think I can answer it. If it is specific, I may be able to. Please let me know!

Just a few years ago the Nuke attrites were all being redesignated while I was seeing aviation drops going home, are they still keeping Nuke attrites?

Rubleaa

Just a few years ago the Nuke attrites were all being redesignated while I was seeing aviation drops going home, are they still keeping Nuke attrites?
As of now (last month) the boards are choosing the majority of the attrites from NPS. Last month was 4 out of 6 were redesignated. Many are selected by the CEC community, being engineers and all, but others are chosen for supply and SWO. I spoke with the man in charge of the O deck at NPS and he said we have a "pretty good" track record. Not the same for Aviation attrites?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

I only know one Nuke attrite and it was for academic reasons. The person was a SWO-Nuke so they went back to the fleet as a regular SWO (111o).

exNavyOffRec

I only know one Nuke attrite and it was for academic reasons. The person was a SWO-Nuke so they went back to the fleet as a regular SWO (111o).

Did he go through once or twice?

The ones I know of were sub guys, Supply seemed to be a popular choice.

Renegade One

None
The ones I know of were sub guys, Supply seemed to be a popular choice.
Ah…that's the Navy I remember. Take someone with a pretty high-caliber STEM degree, and make him/her the CVN Postal Officer, with a "maybe promise" of moving on as the Wardroom Treasurer or Disbursing Officer…if they do well. Pretty perfect fit…

No…I'm not dissing SUPPOs…some of them were responsible for HUGE successes in all sorts of operations…and we couldn't live without that expertise. But I think it can be a frustratingly slow start...