• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API Aerodynamics

WEGL12

VT-28
Wow... I don't even know where to begin with this. If I were in charge of API, and a student failed the intro PFT/PFA, you would be gone. No appeal, no second chance, nothing, "thanks for trying (but obviously not very hard), get the fuck out". That's an amazingly unacceptable first impression. Don't be that guy.

Secondly, there is no need whatsoever to study before classing up at API, unless you're knocking out PME or something, then focus on that. I'm pretty sure no one in my class (way back when) even looked at the books beforehand. We certainly never talked about how much each other prepped or what have you. Relax. They will teach you what you need to know and what to study. And that studying should not interfere THAT much with the drinking and partying you should be doing.

API is not hard. If API is really, really hard for you, perhaps you picked the wrong line of work.

Pretty much what I was recommending to the OP. I have been waiting for a while (6+ months) and never once felt like I was putting myself at a disadvantage by not studying ahead. The guy I was referring to really never understood the testing of API. He would try to research theories he didn't understand. Tried telling him just to believe the instructors and move on but never registered with him. No idea how he is doing in primary now.

As far as the PFA, sounds like it has been an on going issue. Several stories about how people would gain so much weight they would be out of the standards/ not able to select certain platforms because of weight. And I know every class that I had friends in at least one person would fail the PFA. Terrible impression but sounds like a slap on the wrist type issue since they only have to pass it before graduating (your stance would serve as better motivation).

Pags

N/A
pilot
API is not an aerospace engineering class. If managed to graduate from a college, any college, even if you managed in a 4000yr old dead language or gym, then you can pass API. Nothing you will learn will be hard provided you can read at about a 9th grade level, memorize a bunch of crap, and do some basic math.

Failing the run at API? Choke yourself, with your own fat sausage fingers.