• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Apartments in Pensacola

ajb624

Hi Everyone,

My finance is finishing up OCS in Newport RI and will be going to Pensacola for API. We are looking for an apartment furnished or unfurnished close to base and UWF-P if possible. Any suggestions???

Mandy

MandaK

Hi Mandy,

When we were in Pensacola, we lived in the Ashley Club Apts off of Scenic Hwy. You would be about 20 minutes from base and 20 minutes from UWF. You'd be close to the mall and lots of restaurants. We had a one bedroom, which was about 720 square feet. The selling point for us was that you could have large pets and that we were able to get the preliminary paperwork done via fax. Our rent was $720/mo and that included all utilites except for electricity. Our electricity bill was about 100 dollars in the summer time. There are a couple of newer apartment buildings out the back gate of NAS P-cola. One is called Country Wood and it is off of N. Loop Rd. There is another apt. complex right across the street from them, but I am not sure of what their name is. My husband and I had friends that lived in both of those apartment complexes. If you live out the back gate, you'll be about 20 miles from UWF.

Something else to keep in mind: Is your husband a SNA for SNFO? If he's going to be a pilot, make sure he finds out where he is going for primary. If he goes to primary at Whiting Field (Milton, FL), the military will not pay to move you from Pensacola to Milton. If you live out the back gate, the drive from P-cola to Whiting is close to an hour. Governor's Gate is an apartment complex on the north end of town, which would keep you at an equal distance to both bases.

If you have any other questions, send me a PM and I would be happy to answer them.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
You can search around on here for "furnished apartments" or "renting". Craigs list also has places to choose from. Search furnished apartments in Craigs List Pensacola or just places for rent.

gtg941f

pilot
Hi Mandy,

When we were in Pensacola, we lived in the Ashley Club Apts off of Scenic Hwy. You would be about 20 minutes from base and 20 minutes from UWF. You'd be close to the mall and lots of restaurants. We had a one bedroom, which was about 720 square feet. The selling point for us was that you could have large pets and that we were able to get the preliminary paperwork done via fax. Our rent was $720/mo and that included all utilites except for electricity. Our electricity bill was about 100 dollars in the summer time. There are a couple of newer apartment buildings out the back gate of NAS P-cola. One is called Country Wood and it is off of N. Loop Rd. There is another apt. complex right across the street from them, but I am not sure of what their name is. My husband and I had friends that lived in both of those apartment complexes. If you live out the back gate, you'll be about 20 miles from UWF.

Something else to keep in mind: Is your husband a SNA for SNFO? If he's going to be a pilot, make sure he finds out where he is going for primary. If he goes to primary at Whiting Field (Milton, FL), the military will not pay to move you from Pensacola to Milton. If you live out the back gate, the drive from P-cola to Whiting is close to an hour. Governor's Gate is an apartment complex on the north end of town, which would keep you at an equal distance to both bases.

If you have any other questions, send me a PM and I would be happy to answer them.

GG is right down the street from UWF-P as well. Other apartments in the same area are Crestview at Oakleigh and Kings Bay.

hump1909

Also, check out King's Mill on N. Davis Hwy. It's about a 20-30 min drive to base but only 5 min from UWF and about 30 to Whiting. I lived there for about a year and a half. I thought the price was right and they were very helpful to the military personnel living there. I would recommend it to others looking for a decent place. And FYI, I would not recommend living out the back gate regardless. Yes it's cheaper and closer to base, yada yada, but there's absolutely nothing to do out there besides go to Walmart. The drive to downtown is 30 min or so and the same for the mall/airport. Save yourself some sanity and live near Davis, Cordova, or even E. Pensacola where some nicer houses are.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As mentioned, whether he's a SNFO or SNA makes a big diff. If he's a SNFO, he's going to be at NASP for at least six months or so, maybe up to 18 months depending on what training pipeline he winds up taking.

If that's the case, I'd recc looking at renting a house somewhere - there's plenty to rent, for less per sq ft than an apartment. And pretty much every landlord around either has had lots of military tenants or is military themselves.

vaughncc

P-3 pilot wife
When we lived in P-cola we lived at Crestview at Oakleigh and absolutely loved it there. The management was great and it was convienent. Just a few minutes to UWF and about 20-30 minutes to NAS Pensacola and the same distance to Whiting Field.

ajb624

Thanks for all the information. Does anybody have a clue as to the waiting period between OSC and API? We have heard there is a 2 week wait and also a 6 month wait.

usn46driver

I second Kings Mill on North Davis, pretty much centrally located between WF and NASP and it has very nice apartments. Lived there for 6 months while at WF.