• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AP Physics

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I got a 2 on my Physics B exam. I'm a helo guy. It's awesome. I've heard that your chance of getting jets goes up with higher scores on the AP exams...

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow Wink. Thanks for that snap back to reality. Nobody encouraged him to take autobody shop or photography. It was a subtle nudge based on the fact that this individual sounds like he's doing everything correctly.
Sorry, I should have put smileys into effect.

I got a 2 on my Physics B exam. I'm a helo guy. It's awesome. I've heard that your chance of getting jets goes up with higher scores on the AP exams...
That is news to me, but I know it is true that your chances of getting into a military academy goes up with higher AP scores (damn, did I forget a smiley again?).

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
That is news to me, but I know it is true that your chances of getting into a military academy goes up with higher AP scores (damn, did I forget a smiley again?).

Who said anything about military academies? :D

mahopacjock14

haha well i got a 3 on my ap chem and a 1 on my stats...dont ask didnt really take the course and actually physics is working out well for me im glad i stayed in i have likee high 80s in AP physics which is a lot better than i expected and high 90s to hundreds in my other classes thanks for the advice guys!

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
haha well i got a 3 on my ap chem and a 1 on my stats...dont ask didnt really take the course and actually physics is working out well for me im glad i stayed in i have likee high 80s in AP physics which is a lot better than i expected and high 90s to hundreds in my other classes thanks for the advice guys!

Ha ha mahopacjock14, don't they teach sentence structure/punctuation/capitalization etc., in your High School English class? Please apply it when posting here, lest members may think you're just some silly kid...er, uh...wait....ha ha!:eek:
BzB

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor

and the date with the pretty girl?

T

Triangles

Ok, so I'm a junior in high school and im taking AP physics. My teacher is basically a nut case and is giving us questions that MIT gives on there tests(no exaggerating she told us and the paper said MIT) anyways i feel like im going to do poorly in the class but very good on the AP exam. My GPA unweighted is about an 88 as if now but I expect high 70s in this class. On the other hand i lightened up in most of my other classes besides a college engineering class as well as honors pre-calc. I would love to attend any military academy but realize my grades aren't really there. However I do have a lot of extra curiculars; soccer, tennis, track, volunteering at a trolley museum, a couple clubs, piano, and skiing. Should i drop this AP physics class or stick with it in order to better my chances at attending an academy?

Stick with it. I am a physics AP teacher (for now) and a pro-rec'd SNA.. Physics is hard best thing to do is get on the forum and seek help in your class. Most people see physics as a test of how challenged you have been. Its nearly impossible to finish college with a 4.0 in physics.. I got a 3.4 and I was selected above people with 4.0's in other fields. People selecting you to attend the academy or on any selection committe for that matter know why your gpa isn't as high as someone studying art. Keep up the great work and let me know if you have problems with you AP physics. What text are you using btw?