• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

anyone wanna help me out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Shutter

Basically what he said. Do a hundred a day of each, sets of twenty or even five throughout the day if you have to and rest before the test. I'm assuming you have a test. When it's test time you'll have a little adrenaline factor actually. When I did my app. prt I did about twenty more of each than I normally could, same thing in OCS. Good luck.

version2point0

yeha i figured the adrenaline would kick a few in there. patmack: thank you thats great advice. dave: thanks for confirming that. im down with the hard work! if i wasnt i wouldnt be here :)

-v2.0

Brooke

Just to add to what they said... do intervals. They help BIG TIME!! I do 10 sets of 10 and now I can do a 100 easy. For my PRT I did the two more than max for both SU and PU, and I attribute it mostly to the interval training. Also, it doesn't hurt to take a couple Hydroxycut or Ripped Fuel b/f you work out. GOOD LUCK v2.0!!!!!!

kevin

take steroids. i did 105 pu in 60 seconds, thanks to juicing it.

DISCLAIMER: To anyone important who might be reading this, no I dont use steroids. Seriously. No, really, I dont. I'm not even kidding.

version2point0

yeah. haha. i kinda figured the steroids thing was a joke. totally i have been doing intervals, so im really amped for this test. thanks for the help everyone!

-v2.0

signud

Final Select SNA
When doing intervals, how long are you waiting between sets? I've been training for my test... granted I get to take it, but I figure it couldn't hurt to be ready should good news come my way.

av8tor

Shoot for the minimum. That's what lifes all about, doing as little as humanly possible. Congrats, your no doubt be a honor grad.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I see this topic brought up quite often. I'm wondering what are the requirements, in terms of push-ups and sit-ups, for entering the program? I know I'm going to sound like an ass but with all things that are required to either get into aviation, OCS, PLC, whatever, push-ups, running, and sit-ups should be covered. It shouldn't even be an issue. IMO, you should be able to bang out the max or close to it without even thinking. It definitley gets harder with age but in the beginning, it shouldn't difficult at all.

However, for some advice so I'm not ripped apart too much, try the pyramid routine. Example, start off with 5 push-ups, 10 sit-ups, 3 pull-ups, 5 dips. Next set, go with 7 push-ups, 15 sit-ups, 5 pull-ups, etc. Continue to your max, then start down and continue where you began. As it becomes easier, either increase the number in each repitition or increase the sets.

av8tor

The Navy posts their PRT scores at www.buper.navy.mil. To graduate OCS a male MUST run the mile and a half in 10:30 or less and a female in thirteen thirty or less if they are between the ages of 21 - 29. To enter OCS a male must run a 13:30 and a female 15:30 for the same age ranges, this is a brisk walk. It true that the Navy doesn't run often, but we do run more often than to the donut shop.

version2point0

yeah, im not a minimums sort of person. i can beat the minimums, i just wanted to achieve the good low or higher, i thought maybe there might be soem type of regimen that i can do to get me those extra 10 in each slot. my abs hurt A LOT right now because of how many sits im doing, and im afraid that pain is gonna slow me down...

thank you everyone for the tips. they are really helping!

-v2.0

jaerose

Check your form...you might be wasting energy in the movement. This happens a lot during the situps especially.

Also, for pushups do a 1 minute max effort set, then rest for about 20 seconds and do a set of 5, rest (10-15 seconds per rest interval), set of 10, rest, set of 15, rest, another set of 5, rest, 10, rest, 15 rest. It pushes you to your lactic acid threshold and allows you to push out more before you have to stop and helps the pain tolerance, too.

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.