• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone use electric razors?

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
To be honest, I only use my straight when I'm on the night page or on the weekends...morning shaves, half awake with it are...ill advised. The rest of the time, I'm a safety razor guy...You can buy a hell of a lot of razor blades for the $150 that you spend on an electric...
Scoob, did you learn somewhere how to use a straight razor, or are you self-taught? I've been looking into going that way myself, but I'm wondering if there's a steep learning curve starting out. Is it much more difficult than safety razors? I imagine it's a bit more time-consuming.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
... at 0 dark thirty when I'm going to work... ;)

Not that there's anything wrong with that...:)
WORK ...? There most surely is mucho' wrong with that. It's the worst four-letter word on earth!:eek:
BzB, lazily retired

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Scoob, did you learn somewhere how to use a straight razor, or are you self-taught? I've been looking into going that way myself, but I'm wondering if there's a steep learning curve starting out. Is it much more difficult than safety razors? I imagine it's a bit more time-consuming.

I am self taught...although there are a ton of resources, videos, photos etc...that can help get you started. Best tip? Go really, really slowly at first. There is a steep learning curve which doesn't just apply to actually shaving with the razor. Honing, stroping, proper face prep etc...all take time to develop. Once you get it down however, it's very cheap, VERY close...you can't get closer actually...with a good straight shave I can go two days between, very gratifying and actually only takes an extra two minutes from the canned shaving cream/Mach 3 route.

If there's some interest in this, I can put quite a bit more detail in a split thread etc...I just don't want to hopelessly hijack the original. Mods?

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
WORK ...? There most surely is mucho' wrong with that. It's the worst four-letter word on earth!:eek:
BzB, lazily retired

Oh BzB you are soooo right....mucho wrong with being up before the sun in the winter! There are those other four letter words to deal with as well - COLD and SNOW...

And SCOOB - self taught - wow - don't know if I have that kind of patience!