• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone Taken Form 3/4/5 yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Has anyone taken the new ASTB forms that were supposed to come out in June? Please post feedback if you have. Thanks!
ea6bflyr :icon_smil

tougs9

No, but taking it next week any info on it would be great thankyou. Ill let u know how it is

leatherneck82

Manassas IFS
*Caution* New tests are out.

Today July 9 2004 I took the ASTB in St. Louis. My test was test 1 Version 3. Apparently what they are doing now is putting out three versions of the test and I had to write in what version I had. The test was so new that there were horrendous typos in it. One question asked which number was closest to a number and they gave you 4 choices (i.e. A}. 0.003 B}. 0.03 etc.) but they didn't give you the number to compare it with, it was blank. I was a major guinea pig here. My first test booklet was missing the last 15 questions of the mechanical part of the test, I had to get a new test. Some new changes are that the math and verbal are now separated into two sections with 30 question each. The Spatial Apperception was 25 questions with 10 minutes to do it (I finished in 8 mins so thats not a problem). The biggest problem was the aviation/nautical section. The handout helped a little but only about 50%. Mechanical section was a peice of cake (no monkey and pulley question). Another thing is that there is a new 34 question "Aviation Supplemental Test". You are given 25 minutes to complete it and I finished in very quick time. What is contained in this section is a mixture of math, verbal, mechanical, and aviation/nautical questions mixed all up together in one section. My Cpt. told me that they don't take this score into consideration for flight school so I don't know what the purpose is unless it is used for borderline scores. I will update you guys with my scores when I get them. I actually feel pretty good about it. I'm dog tired now though so later tonight or most likely tomorrow I will post on here some study tips and a few of the questions that I remember.

Semper Fi do or d... :sleep_125 ....

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Word form NOMI is that recruiters have them now, and the NROTC's will be getting them 3rd or 4th week of July.
ea6bflyr

frogman

Form 3

I just finished up Form 3 of the ASTB. I was the first in my OSO's office to take it. Just as leatherneck said, there are a few typos on the new section. There are now seperate math and reading comp sections - the reading comp is in a new format that asks you to select which answer draws a reasonable conclusion solely on the information in the sentence/paragraph. Spacial Apperception consisted of 25 questions.

The Gunny was a little agitated that he couldn't field grade my test, but said I ought to hear back in a week or two. For anyone taking the ASTB in the near future, continue to study the same material and types of problems and you'll be good to go.

p1nky1298

Death Dealers
I agree

Yea I just finished taking it today and it was rather easy. The reading comprehension was really easy and the math was pretty basic. I find out my score in a week so I'll let you guys know if it was as easy as I thought it was in a week.

Everybody is pretty much giving the same advice and it's pretty acurate. Don't even bother with the ARCO book. It's as pointless as it was for forms 1 & 2. Study the gouges, and refresh yourself on algebra. The mechanical comprehension section is pretty straight forward. Not very tricky.

Good luck to you guys studying. I sure am glad it's over with. Hopefully I won't have to take it again. If you have any questions, shoot.

so, what exactly is on these new forms? i have not taken any form of ASTB yet, but i have been studying for the old one (i suppose). is there anything different i should be studying? anything additional? anything in there particularly tricky or weird? just how many sections are on there now? and are there still only three main scores, ranged from 1 to 9? i plan on taking it mid-August at my NROTC unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.