• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone know?

cram88

BDCP Supply
I'm waiting on my final select right now, but was told by my OR something weird, though it doesn't apply to me directly. He said that ORs can now select up to two candidates a year for BDCP and skip the whole application process. If he thinks they are a strong enough candidate he can ask for a final select letter for him/her. Pretty interesting, wondering if anyone had anything to say about it?

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
Interesting indeed.

However, the whole final select process as I understand it is more like a last review and signature to finallize the deal. Sure there are some really qualified applicants with 62/9/9/9 but if you have been Pro Rec'd you have been deemed qualified and should wait in line like everyone else. If the whole priority was based on competiveness I would be all for it, but giving recruiters the power to have 2 free select cards makes the process too political and subjective for my tastes. My two cents at least.

blarged

ready
I'm waiting on my final select right now, but was told by my OR something weird, though it doesn't apply to me directly. He said that ORs can now select up to two candidates a year for BDCP and skip the whole application process. If he thinks they are a strong enough candidate he can ask for a final select letter for him/her. Pretty interesting, wondering if anyone had anything to say about it?

Into any community? If there was something that sounded too-good-to-be-true even more than BDCP... it is this. I'd have to see this in writing before I'd believe it.

[edit] and no, in writing doesn't mean written in the forums... hah [/edit]

Semisonic9

The real question is "Why would they do that?". And the only answer I can think of is "to save time and money reviewing a guy who's clearly going to get a slot".

I think it's bunk, but if it's true it's probably supposed to be used for the "best of the best" applicants who have a time crunch to even qualify for the program. IE, guys who are almost done with college and near the cut-off date.

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
Only problem with that is, and no offense to any OR's but really. Who is one person to deem a person noteworthy enough for an automatic slot for something that takes other qualified applicants a selection board to decide?. (And yes I know C.O's can give automatic promotions, I was prior enlisted.. so please do not split hairs)

Personally I think that leaves alot of room for doubt...

While I think it is really cool if this is indeed true (which I really don't believe until I see a formal instruction) Take this scenario into account. (Give respect to minimal difference in variables such as tests and GPA)

Two Applicants for INTEL.

-Person A. Walks into OR station in New York City.
-Sophmore Poly Sci Major
-3.5 GPA, did good on the ASTB
-Just a few LOR's..
-Does voulenteer work, president of a few clubs in college and very active

-Person B Walks into a OR station in Rural town, Iowa
-Sophmore Poly Sci Major
-3.5 GPA, also did good on the ASTB
-Prior intel enlisted and holding a few good LOR's from an O-6 and O-5 and former Chief
-Does not voulenteer as much due to full time employment.

Now let's play pretend and say this is true.. Person B gets offered a direct slot into BDCP, while Person A is submitted to the boards. Quite arguably there is nothing special about that really makes him stand out, per-say...Yes it is a good application and very strong for the board.. but What makes him more deserving over Person A?

The point I am getting at is I do not see this possible due to a number of factors
-Size of recruiting district
-Number of Quotas
-Overall competitiveness of this program.

Because ultimately if this were the case and it was this easy....(Believe me If you have seen any of my posts you will see how bad I am striving to become an Officer, much like most of the people on this forum.)

I would pack my shit and move to Alaska or BFE CONUS just to get in a small recruitng district and put my package in ASAP! :D

P.S. If this is true...Anyone got a room for rent in Kodiak Alaska? LOL