• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone know schedules of OCS Pcola??

Status
Not open for further replies.

solenita72

SWO Wife
my husband is there now, just started 28Sept02, and I was wondering when to book his flight home for xmas....can't find any schedules anywhere!!

Paul Burke

He should be able to tell you that info. I would ask him to make sure he is feeling good during PT and that he is handling the academics well. A lot of people get rolled for many different reasons.

ghost_ttu

Paul, what is your status now? Haven't heard much about you lately.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

Paul Burke

I interviewed with the AMDO folks on Thursday and it went really well. The only bad thing is that exactly a week before, BUPERS did away with all 4 of the OCS accession slots for 2003. I am expecting to class back up here soon. There are a lot of people here pulling for me so I am expecting good things.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Originally posted by Paul Burke
Hey John,

Would you sprinkle some poof dust on this guy and make him disappear.

Sprinkle "POOF" and he's gone...

kenjamin17

Hey all, I was interested in this as well. First I was under the impression that we HAD to leave during those 2 weeks. this apparently is not the case, we are allowed to take leave if we want, but during all of OCS we will only earn 7.5 days leave and if want to take the whole 2 weeks off, I think it comes to 16 days, we will have to pay for the additional time before starting OCS (not sure exactly how this works). If we wanted we could of take any amount of leave that we wish (after finding all this out I'm probably just gunna take several days off around Christmas). If we decide to stay on base we would get some responsibilities assigned to us of course.

As far as the dates...
if flying you can leave the base Dec 19 after 1600. if driving Dec 20 after 0730.
Must return no later than 2000 Jan 4.

forgot to mention I was told the airport was about 30 mins away if you're wondering what exact times you can use for booking flights.

moestud

When I was at ocs, we filled out leave papers, in case there were
any problems, but it was given to us as "basket leave", meaning we don't get charged, as long as we got back safely, with no problems. I'm not sure if they still do that, but I'm sure they realize that no one has enough leave to take all the days.

kenjamin17

oh really... for all I know they're just looking for a few people to do some crap work over the break and they figured, why not try to get this guy.
How long ago did you go thru OCS moestud, last year?

solenita72

SWO Wife
My OC said that no one was allowed to stay on base.....but anyway, he has tons of leave saved up from before....the airport is about 15 mins with no traffic!! How did you find out the actual leave dates?? If it is the 19th, maybe I can get him home a day earlier!!

moestud

I went through ocs 4 years ago. [:D] Its been a long time, hopefully things haven't changed that much.

kenjamin17

I got the info from a class officer down there. I was also told by my recruiter that I would not be allowed to stay on base.

I'm looking at the FAQ on the OCS webpage now and it looks updated now with basically the same info that i posted above except it also says we hafta leave during the break (and also that we don't hafta).... so basically what i'm saying is that I don't really know whats going on... but I think I will assume that we hafta leave cause that sounds like the best deal to me, and i feel like being an optimist at the moment.

https://www.cnet.navy.mil/nascweb/ocs/ocs_faq.htm#leave

solenita72

SWO Wife
Ah I see, I hadn't checked that page in a while, because it seemed to never be updated! Thanks for the info. I would take the full break, you'll probably need it!

Status
Not open for further replies.