• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone know a good counter guy in JAX

MasterBates

AW Crew,

For those that don't know, I'm in JAX repairing 5 years of damage caused by drug addicts living in my house.

I'm currently gutting the kitchen, and having the new cabinets in is about all I will be able to get done in the kitchen before my leave expires.

I'm looking for nice-ish "Renter proof" counters.

Anyone have any ideas or a guy who has a reasonable price? I'll be back the weekend of the 2nd, and was hoping to have them measured this week, and installed the 4th of April or so.

On a side note, I was planning on re doing the deck at the beach house, and putting in an outdoor kitchen. I guess an unplanned kitchen remodel is in the works instead.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Not sure if they do counters, but try Floors n' More. Co-owner (Rick Costner) is a retiree who was an instructor at 40 when I went through.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I don't know what you're looking for as far as nice-ish, but granite transformations came by to do an estimate on our house. About 1/4 the cost of actual granite slabs, and they put them on as an overlay, so the tear down/remodeling impact is minimal. My house isn't my dream home, so I didn't give a shit about cheaping out on something to cover up the ugly laminate counter. Our friends have the same countertops in their homes, and without a very close inspection, they look no different. They're in and out in about a day.

MasterBates

189205_10150118429849284_679034283_6217079_7141846_n.jpg

When I got here

197793_10150120108274284_679034283_6234107_7861778_n.jpg

Currently

I'll put the whole house shit up when I get back on a real connection. This took 4 minutes for 2 pics.

MasterBates

No, I just kicked Michelle out on Friday. She Fucking wrecked the joint. Parental units are going to rent it from me cheap in exchange for painting and landscaping. Basically stuff I can't knock out in a week.

Sent via my HTC EVO 4G

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
Was it like that as a result of her living there, or did she trash it on purpose as one last FU on the way out?

MasterBates

According to JSO, that's how she lived. The entire garage was full of trash she just threw in there vice taking it to the curb. This house is a case study in why the mentally ill should not be turned loose on society. She seriously cannot even take care of herself. She was not bathing and was using the sink as a toilet because she claimed the toilets don't work. The toilets worked, once I freed them up from 3 years of god knows what stuck in them. The enamel has been eaten out of the bowls.

I had to replace a Stainless Steel sink. You know what you have to do to get 316 to corrode? More than normal people should be able to conjure up at home.

I took 3500# of trash to the landfill. 3 hour round trip each time including load/unload. 5 trips. Plus a "bagster" for the kitchen demo, and the trashpickers took a lot of the "dirty, but not covered in cat piss" stuff like the mattress, TV stand and couch.

There was seriously ONE spotless room where she had her Macbook, a 42" LCD TV and scrapbooking stuff. You could eat off the floor in there, it was that clean.

It took me 2 days just to get the house to stop stinking enough to the point I could stay inside with the windows shut.

I've had to bleach every surface in the house, to include the walls. I used a power washer (like what you use at the car wash, but portable) to clean the floors. There was 1/2" of black muck in places.

The pics you have seen is after I took the festering garbage out. I should have taken pics of how it was when I walked in.

MasterBates

What kills me, is this actually is a nice house in a decent neighborhood. I'm just having to do $10,000 in repairs to undo 5 years of neglect and general shitbaggery.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
So you were able to kick her out? I thought she basically owned the place after all the divorce fleecing was hashed out.

Score one for the good guys, I suppose.

MasterBates

She "owned" it but never put the mortgage in her name or sold it, which was court condition of her owning it. So they had me "buy her out" for $10k.

With the current market, she should have paid me 10k to get out from under it, but I digress.