• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone heard back from the 190 board

DimndDave14

I was just wondering if anyone had heard back from their OSO if they have been selected for the 190 OCC. I have heard that they are holding two board dates Aug 9 and Sept 9, so I was curious how that effected being selected. Any information would be great.

I heard back unofficially that it was a large pool.. and I did not get selected...
I think my pft was a little low and I was a dual contract ground/air which complicates things because my ASTB waiver hadn't officially gone through yet and ground slots are supposedly tougher to get.

254 PFT 18:03/16/75
1300 SAT
5/5/6 ASTB (waivered)
3.0 GPA
Geography Major

Frozen here I come.. hopefully..

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SoICanBeFree said:
254 PFT 18:03/16/75
1300 SAT
5/5/6 ASTB (waivered)
3.0 GPA
Geography Major
Interesting. 1300 SAT with only a 3.0 in Geography. Something doesn't add up.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had a 1300 SAT and graduated with a 2.8 in History....what's your point?

I goto a C school... in a class of 60 youd see maybe 3-4 A/A- .. 8 B's the rest C's and D's .. so a 3.0 for where I went is actually quite good...

P.S don't rank on geography I was required to take plenty of challenging courses ;-)
Climatology baby oh yeah I took my bs elective classes @ communitty college in the summer to graduate in 3 years so there isn't much padding of my gpa its all 300 level classes and up.

What really doesnt add up is 75 crunchs with an 1803 run time .. thats what you should comment on.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
squeeze said:
I had a 1300 SAT and graduated with a 2.8 in History....what's your point?
My point is that the 1300 SAT signifies to me that you are probably capable of doing better than a 2.8, and if I was on the selection board, I'd be looking for mitigating factors to alleviate what in my mind, is a negative correlation b/t gpa and SAT scores.

You've been a bit touchy lately. You sure you aren't the one who needs to get laid?