• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone got December CQ Det pics?

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
It feels great to be a hooker now!! ( I'm sure that line will be taken out of context later:eek: ) Congratulations to everyone else back from the December boat. Anyone got any pics from the det? The Navy homepage usually has good pics up, but not at the moment. Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Congrats! It's a great accomplishment. I just finished my RAG CQ. Just wait until night-time...

There are plenty of pics on the Navy webpage, look harder :)

vinny

Congrats...I hope to be there soon.

Does anyone sell a "First Trap" commemorative plaque? i googled it, but found nothing but dead sites from Skyhawk Reproductions @ www.firsttrap.com

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
Congrats to all of you. To the RAG CQ'ers, welcome to the night trap fraternity!! I finished with 125 night traps, and I was just as nervous on #125 as I was on #1. In the fleet, on a crowded deck in a pitching sea on a moonless night, taxiing to the most forward parking spot on the bow is way more horrifying than the trap itself! Congrats again; that's awesome.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Congrats and welcome to the club. Now start fine tuning your selection card!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.... I was just as nervous on #xxx as I was on #1.
Echo ... echo ... echo ... :)
Intruder Driver said:
...In the fleet, on a crowded deck in a pitching sea on a moonless night, taxiing to the most forward parking spot on the bow is way more horrifying than the trap itself!.....
No joke .. my B/N almost punched one night when they spun us around on the bow and the LMG went down on the "knuckle" --- we thought we were going over the bow !!! He said I was screaming and shaking the taxi director-P/C by the throat when he (my B/N) dragged me off --- ??? Don't remember that one, however ... :)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
No joke .. my B/N almost punched one night when they spun us around on the bow and the LMG went down on the "knuckle" --- we thought we were going over the bow !!! He said I was screaming and shaking the P/C by the throat when my he (my B/N) dragged me off --- ??? Don't remember that one, however ... :)

*shudder* that's chilling.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, looks like I got a whole new ballgame up ahead. Talk about stressful, maybe I should pick up smoking.:D Marlboros anyone?:)

HARUUUMPH!! Cough. Choke.

That was MY brand back-in-the-day ... 2-3 packs a day beyond the 3 mile limit .... the box worked better than soft pack when stuffed into your flight suit .... and that's the first thing I lit up that dark and scary night when I got below decks.

It went well with my glass of Scotch ... ;)

Marlboro-Man.jpg
j.jpeg

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot

It went well with my glass of Scotch ... ;)

Marlboro-Man.jpg
j.jpeg

Ahh yes, speaking of scotch, I owed my LSO a couple bottles when we got back to K-Rock due to the bets I lost. :icon_zbee I'm assuming they also paid for the "gift FAIR" that he gave me on one of my traps! :) Good times, good times. Night traps, though..... :eek: