• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone going to ICAS in Vegas next month?

HuggyU2

None
I'll be there representing Beale AFB all week.
Are you there representing NAS Jacksonville?
If you've never been, bring a spare liver.
And don't bother with a rental car. You won't need it.

MasterBates

There is a boondoggle, and Huggy is there.

HD, really, use TRA to get yourself out of the GSA conference. Say it would cause a PTSD breakdown or something like that.

KBayDog

HD, really, use TRA to get yourself out of the GSA conference.

cmonman.jpg

MB, he's not going to the GSA conference. This is simply a lesson in TRA, Marine-Corps style. He's not allowed to go because if he goes, he'll inevitably wind up like this douche:

20120525_jeff_neely_2012_4_17.jpg

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
CNIC can't make up their mind if this is approved or not, so I had to 'unregister' yesterday...

Thanks GSA!!!

HuggyU2

None
WTFO?
I know what CNIC stands for, but how do they impact this? Isn't it your station commander that decides to send you?

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
CNIC (3 star) is still waiting for permission from ASD based on the new SECDEF instruction regarding conferences.
My Region (1 star) is saying we're are cleared to send 1 Ops type and 1 MWR type (MWR books the civilian acts) to ICAS.
CNIC is saying that Big Navy hasn't given anyone permission to attend. Since yesterday was the last day to unregister without losing everything, my base Skipper said to unregister.

So, it's not a question of my Skipper saying not to go or his boss. Unfortunately, the boss' boss is the one calling the shots right now.

Assuming we get permission, I'm back in....

HuggyU2

None
I have to think he will allow it, once everyone jumps through hoops to answer the questions.
I really cannot imagine that there will be no Navy base presence at ICAS.

Does CNIC have any oversight on the Blues? Probably an ignorant question,... but I'm ignorant on what CNIC has control over.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
This is the essence of the new leadership style being discussed earlier; Colonel (or lower) decisions are being made at the 3 star level, and too late to do any good. All for political considerations. And this is a simple and generally unimportant issue.

The complex and important issues are largely handled the same way, with similar craptastic results.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Would love to make it out there sometime. Looks like a blast to go - sucks that you guys are getting the run-around on this.