• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone else been waiting for final select??

Funwithmatches

I got pro-rec'd back in the beginning of April for Supply. I put in my Fin. Docs in mid April and have been waiting for my final select for a little over 3 months. Sometimes I sweet talk my phone to try and get my recruiter to call me, but it hasn't worked yet :( . Is anyone else experiencing this delay?

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
They could be really backed up, but 3 months is a long time to be waiting, especially for a rolling supply board. I submitted my findocs in early December (pretty much the worst time to submit anything due to the holidays and everyone taking time off), and they got back to me in January.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with calling your recruiter 1-2 times a month and checking, which is exactly what I would do if I were in your shoes right now. At least give him one call and ask what the delay is about.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
I agree with 'speed. I submitted findocs on February 16th, got Final Select on April 12th or something similar, and I thought THAT was a pretty long time. Hop on the horn, and contact your recruiter...don't let anyone (including yourself) make you believe that that's not what they're there for...it's their job.

Funwithmatches

Thanks for the advice...but unfortunately, I am in contact with my recruiter about once a week. Three weeks ago he said there was some delay going on with the supply board. Two weeks ago he said the final select documents should have been released some time the week before. I also attempted to contact this past Tuesday, but have heard nothing back yet. Long story short, I am in contact with him, he keeps telling me it'll be another week or two, but then again, I've heard that for 3 months. At least I'm getting this whole hurry up and wait process down.

metro

Hurry up and wait process = welcome to the Navy. No doubt in my mind about this one...just the way it works, unfortunately. That is, until I become in control of a ship's supply chain...then everything will be taken care of immediately! Right. hehehe.

This is one of those situations in life where no news is good news. It seems if they DIDN'T want to FS you, they'd have let you know by now, so keep the candle burnin, bro.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Funwithmatches said:
Two weeks ago he said the final select documents should have been released some time the week before. I also attempted to contact this past Tuesday, but have heard nothing back yet. Long story short, I am in contact with him, he keeps telling me it'll be another week or two, but then again, I've heard that for 3 months. At least I'm getting this whole hurry up and wait process down.

Just as my recruiter said, "No news is good news." The longer it takes, generally, the better. Stay in touch with your recruiter. He'll keep you up to speed... And definitely let us know what happens!!

Funwithmatches

Got my final select today (9/5), after only 5 months of waiting. However, I missed the recruiter's call so I won't be able to find out my OCS date untill Monday...ahhh more waiting. Thanks for all of the encouragement.

metro

Congrats, shipmate. The wait can be a *****, as we all know, but glad it worked out for the best.