• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone accepted for Intel lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natedog100

Was just wondering if anyone had heard back from an Intel board lately. My papers have been out for quite a while.

JKD

In late March/early April, I heard the numbers were cut back to around 2 - 3 slots a month.

I'd take that with a grain of salt though... nothing to bank on.

jburnes

i have my app in for intel right now too...i talked to my recruiter this afternoon and he was telling me that the intel board was going to finish meeting this week.

jburnes

well how long do they meet for a week?...its not like any of us will ever figure out this whole selection board meeting thing anyway...

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
jburnes said:
well how long do they meet for a week?...its not like any of us will ever figure out this whole selection board meeting thing anyway...

The boards usually convene around 1100, where they break out the cards and play a few rounds of Texas Hold'em and drink a couple of beers, then they order pizza, watch movies and hang out until 1430 where they then review applicants until 1445 and head home. Repeat.

Natedog100

Stats?

Just wondering what stats you intel hopefuls have going into this board. I have a 3.76 GPA, 57 pts on the test and a letter of recommendation from an Intel Commander interview that my recruiter set up. Unfortunately my major was Management which seems to be lower on their list for desired majors. I have no clue how competitive my kit is but I have been reagin alot about 60s and up on the test and still not being accepted.

KsLairsey

Intel/Crypto
There was a post on here that said the average score for Intel in fy 03 was 50.

I just took the ASTB yesterday and scored 53,7,7,7,8. My recruiter said it was decent but I could probably score higher if I retook the test. He did say that he felt that right now 60 was the desired score but he also said that my acedemics are higher than other applicants (I have a BS in MIS and Masters in Software Design) so he said it was up to me if I wanted to take the test again.

I have to lose 25 pounds before I can apply offically so It will be a couple more months before I can apply. By then it will be fy 05.

jburnes

74,9,8,9 on the astb
3.4gpa w/ a degree in physics
other than that the rest of my application is pretty par for the course

JKD

74,7,8,9 on astb
3.8 gpa w/ a BS in Information Technology
Reserve IS2 with 2 years active duty as an AE3 (TS/SCI clearance)

JKD

agreed...
I wouldn't put too much value in any one section of the application. It is a whole person concept (and I was turned down once even with those scores).

One of the best quotes I remember from this board is, "Apply! Its free ya know!".

Status
Not open for further replies.