• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anybody familiar with the BUPERS CD?

I'm in the IRR, so I requested my BUPERS CD to make sure my records in order for an upcoming promotion board and that I've gotten retirement credit for some activities and courses this past year (since I can't access Bupers Online in the IRR).

The CD covers my enlisted and active time, my two days of reserve duty *right* after getting out in 2004, then it's a blank.

I used to check BOL at least monthly, so I know there's stuff in there up to mid 2013, but I can't find anything.

Anybody else ever get his CD and find anything similar? Could there be a tab or something I'm missing (it's not the easiest thing in the world to navigate)?

I've emailed BUPERS and I'll call them on Monday, but my experience has taught me not to expect much there. Thanks.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Do they still use the CD? You can look at everything PERS has on you on the NPC website Should include PDF copies of all your documentation, etc.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Do they still use the CD? You can look at everything PERS has on you on the NPC website Should include PDF copies of all your documentation, etc.

You haven't tried to log onto BOL in the last few months. Just about everything except ITEMPO has been shutdown since August thanks to attacks on the various systems.

I had a member going from AC to SELRES try and wade through the beuarcracy to get her ODC stuff recently and she never could get anyone at PERS to give her the info she needed. She asked for a CD and they said they would send it. I haven't asked if she ever got it, though.

I'm in the IRR, so I can't log into BUPERS Online. There's a warning right on the website that says you have to have a CAC-card, so IRR is SOL. They're the ones who recommend IRR members order the CD, right there on the site!!!!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm in the IRR, so I can't log into BUPERS Online. There's a warning right on the website that says you have to have a CAC-card, so IRR is SOL. They're the ones who recommend IRR members order the CD, right there on the site!!!!

I know, I was just pointing out to Pags about the dysfunction that is the Navy's INFOSEC lately, especially since he's been jetting around the world figuring out what to do when he grows up.

Sorry Gatordev, I should have put a new paragraph there or something. I meant it to come off as "I'm in the IRR, so I can't get on BOL." Stop, new thought, my rant about how frustrating it is for them say they know it's screwed up, but that's the way it is.

Anyway, before I high-jack my own thread, I'll ask again: Shouldn't my annual statement of service (along with reserve fitreps!) be on there? Are they on there, and I'm missing them?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The FITREPS definitely. I'm not sure about the ASOSH. By the way, ASOSH is down on BOL also (or it was). So you're not missing anything there, either.

atmahan

... facility for offence.
VXC961,

The rule of thumb is that if you feel that something is missing from your Service Record, and if you have your own copy, you should make a copy of it and send it to PERS-313 so that they can added it to your Permanent Service Record (OMPF).

BUPERSINST 1070,27 will tell you what should be in your Service Record.

Field Service Records were discontinued years ago. Your Reserve PSD/Personnel Office should have been sending in any additions/updates to PERS-313 to update your OMPF (if you were Active Duty or SELRES). If you have only been in the IRR then it has always been up to you to maintain your OMPF.

The CD that you requested contains everything currently in your OMPF, which means that if you are missing stuff its because no one has been sending in updates.

The CD is pretty accurate. I requested mine one time, saw some stuff missing, submitted my own copies, then requested another CD about 2 months later. Almost everything that I had sent in was there (at least the critical stuff, like fitreps and picture, made it). I suspect whoever received it had a different interpretation of BUPERSINST 1070,27 in regards to the more minor stuff that I wanted to throw into my record.

Also, your OMPF does not list your ASOSH, neither is OSR.

But ASOSH, along with Fitrep, picture, OSR, etc is what is very briefly looked at during the 1-3 minutes that a Selection Board gets per candidate when determinig their fate.

Novaspike

If you can log into BOL, everything is back up, but some things don't work (like the FORMAN status).

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The CD that you requested contains everything currently in your OMPF, which means that if you are missing stuff its because no one has been sending in updates.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight. I can't tell you how many times I've submitted a NAM to be in my record/NDAWS (at least once each during three commands) and just the other day, my YN discovered it still wasn't in there.

But ASOSH, along with Fitrep, picture, OSR, etc is what is very briefly looked at during the 1-3 minutes that a Selection Board gets per candidate when determinig their fate.

ASOSH may not be looked at by a board, but it's still a very valuable thing to know if it's correct or not. One of my pilots was on ADSW for a year and checked his ASOSH and there was no record of his time. Oops. As of today, another one of my pilots was trying to get into ASOSH and NO JOY.

I can't say if it works one way or the other because I get paid whether I come into work or not.

Thanks Patriots. I kept up with BOL until the lockdown in Sept. '13 or whenever it was. So back then, I had all my reserve fitreps in there, and while I had a good year, I was missing Blue & Gold Officer points and several funeral honor details.

I think you've answered my about service history (not there). For my reserve fitreps (were there, should be there), I guess I'll just resubmit them with my letter to the board.

Thanks!

Pags

N/A
pilot
I know, I was just pointing out to Pags about the dysfunction that is the Navy's INFOSEC lately, especially since he's been jetting around the world figuring out what to do when he grows up.
Yeah, my give a shit factor for my record has dropped off once I found out I was getting out. I haven't been anywhere near an official Navy website for several months so I haven't seen the terror the new policies have caused.