• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any tall dudes out there in the E-6 or F-18?

Kaminoshi

Ah, alright thanks for the input lol. Kinda sucks not knowing any real chances but I figured it would be that way. At least I shouldn't get DQ'd from any platforms. The rest is luck, and hopefully it wont run out by then. If all else, E-2s could be fun who knows.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Ah, alright thanks for the input lol. Kinda sucks not knowing any real chances but I figured it would be that way. At least I shouldn't get DQ'd from any platforms. The rest is luck, and hopefully it wont run out by then. If all else, E-2s could be fun who knows.

Unfortunately, that is the way flight school goes, especially if you go the tacair route. Get ready to not know your future until basically the day you pin your wings (or shortly before).

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
It's not just in the "today's" Training Command that "upside-down" selections happen. In early 1971 there was a huge pool of folks awaiting F-4 training at Miramar and Oceana after winging. Only a very few guys got RIO slots out of VT-10, and (due to some factors I never understood) usually it was the bottom guys of the class got those slots. All of a sudden, there was a huge vacuum in the pipeline, plus the higher-ups in the fighter community wanted some of the top studs to go RIO. Result... almost half of my VT-10 class went to Glynco to be RIOs, as well as the class just after mine. Folks who were in the top 10% of the class got their 4th choice... and folks in the bottom 10% got their first choice... also the first choice of the top 10-percenters.
Needs of the Navy always prevails.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Unfortunately, that is the way flight school goes, especially if you go the tacair route. Get ready to not know your future until basically the day you pin your wings (or shortly before).

Speaking of that, congrats on the shiny new chest bling and moving up to the haze grays.

Kaminoshi

Lol nice video, oh well who knows what will happen. I will just see what happens when the time comes. I mean, its not like i have no chance... there are 3 different jet TH planes and the E-2 so anything can happen. I could even end up on the P-3 which wouldnt be bad either, but ill just plan on getting TH first and just kick ass in school like I did in college (sans senior year). Thanks guys

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And you might change your mind down the road too. If you had asked me what I wanted to fly the day I got commissioned I wanted to go jets. By the time I got to Pcola I had changed my mind. Hell, one of my friends wanted jets when she started primary, but by the time she turned in her selection sheet she had also switched to P-3s. There are lots of positives and lots of negatives to each platform, the good thing about NASC/primary is that you have the time to pick the brains of instructors in each community to see what appeals to you. Time in the T-6 will also give you a sense of what you want in a cockpit. If you get barfy going upside down, chances are jets are not for you.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I agree....saw lots of folks who stopped wanting jets once they got to primary, and I even saw a few who stopped wanting jets once they got to intermediate jets (phase I tailhook). Go there with an open mind, a good attitude and a good work ethic, and the rest of it will work out for you. Boldface for emphasis; this will make or break you in flight school.