• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any solid advice for taking the ASTB second time?

BlueSky94

Last time I took the exam at NRD Houston, my score was: 57 7/5/6. I believe the low subset score for pilot was due to my bad performance on the PBM (parking lots and joystick part). As of now, my OAR score is good enough to be competitive for a SWO slot, but my recruiter told me that SNA/NFO boards rarely accept a package with subset scores of 5 or 6.

Do you guys have tips on improving my skills for the PBM part of the exam? That's the part that's been stressing me out the most.

Thank you!

This may be a little late, but for the PBM part I found that staying as focussed and calm as possible was key. Kind of like driving in Houston. If you freak out you're gonna have a bad time. I played these multitasking games to try to get used to focussing on multiple tasks at once. http://multitaskgames.com/ I think they helped even though its not a throttle and joystick.

Before you start take a few deep breaths and make sure you're cool. Also make sure you READ and UNDERSTAND every direction. This is especially important on the emergency procedures part.

Good Luck fellow Houstonite