• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any Seabees with comments on deployment conditions?

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
To the OP, I've been to just about every FOB in RCE (and even a few in RCS and RCC) and can tell you at least what the chow, fuel point, sleeps are like, and even a little more offline. Shoot me a message if you want some more details. Seen a bunch of seabees out in those parts. Can say they usually keep to themselves and they didn't eat some of the bigger chow halls, opting to make friends with the playboys and spooks who they usually showed up to support. Never saw them doing any general construction for us leg types.

Actually had a nice run in with one of them after one of my squad members decided he would walk off with one of their 2x4s to build his rack. I reprimanded the soldier (physical remediation) after the seabee asked to see his leadership and talked to me, we came up with a good punishment and the SB even let my joe keep the 2x4. Nice guys all in all, but they do some serious sweating and back breaking on deployment! Almost as much as us combat engineers pounding 8 ft pickets by hand after 18 hour patrols in the dead of night...almost...:icon_wink