• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any PMPs here? (not PiMPs, but Permanent Military Professors)

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
There's a thread from 2006 in the Intel section but otherwise we've been silent.

I'm seriously considering going JPMP (Junior Permanent Military Prof.) as soon as the next XO tells me I'm getting the #2 before leaving later in 2015. Hoping to move then, into a PMP billet once picking up O-5.

When I get back from my OIC cruise, I'll start teaching ERAU classes in Norfolk/Oceana to beef up the resume in case I can't tap a #1 and hopefully go that way. I really don't want a PhD, but hell, if the Navy'll pay for it...

Anyone have any gouge out there? Know anyone J/PMPs? Do they enjoy it?

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
I knew a couple at NWC. They did enjoy it, but for a while it was a gaurenteed IA filler. Your community will release you to go than IA and the PMP folks would catch you a year later.

The only down side was getting selected for a topic that you're not excited about (hello, Ops Analysis) but otherwise life is pretty good once you're in their world.

You have conversations disabled, so I can't PM you the email address of the one I worked with for a couple years.

Aquonox

Just rolling along
None
I know a guy at the Naval Academy who is a PMP and he seems to really enjoy teaching. I could give you his name/email if you are interested. Like helolumpy already said though, conversations/PMs are disabled on your account.

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
Out of curiosity, is there a way to roll into USNA as an instructor at the O-3 level and get to JPMP? I keep hearing rumblings about being able to roll into a semi-permanent teaching gig this but no one I've talked to knows for sure. O-4 selection would be damn near impossible if you took a USNA teaching route, so I was curious how that would work, if it does at all.

Edit- Also... major thread necro ^_^