• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any other alternatives to ROTC or BDCP?

alpha blue

I'm going to be a junior in college, and though I'm interested in becoming a naval officer in the future I don't really want to commit to anything at the moment. Are there any other programs out there besides ROTC or BDCP that offer similar benefits and whatnot?

Birdman

You want money with no commitment? Well, you could apply for OCS when you're done with school, but I don't think you'll be getting any money until then.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Don't be afraid of commitment...find out what you want out of life and go for it.
If you want to be an officer in one of the services then you will have to commit for a period of time. If you don't have the stomach for this than consider employment elsewhere.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
I'm going to be a junior in college, and though I'm interested in becoming a naval officer in the future I don't really want to commit to anything at the moment. Are there any other programs out there besides ROTC or BDCP that offer similar benefits and whatnot?

It sounds like you're contradicting yourself. I think you're going to have to define "future" here. If you join, you're going to be on the hook for at least 4 years.

alpha blue

Well I mean, I'm thinking about it....but I guess I'm wondering if it's something I can hold off until later? Like maybe I can wait a couple years before deciding if I really want to do it.

lol, I guess that just means plain OCS with no college money, huh.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well I mean, I'm thinking about it....but I guess I'm wondering if it's something I can hold off until later? Like maybe I can wait a couple years before deciding if I really want to do it.

lol, I guess that just means plain OCS with no college money, huh.
I knew what you meant, unlike some of those oversensitive types above. I think it's good you are not committing to something prematurely before you have all the information to make an informed decision. You can certainly start looking into the different programs you may be interested in and/or qualify for. However, unless you are ready to commit to the Navy now, the Navy is not going to commit to you either. So, this means BDCP and NROTC are pretty much out of the question. The best thing for you to do at this point is gather information, study your ass off in school, and if you DO decide to commit later on you'll be ready to apply for OCS.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^ Shocking, the quitter (x2) is standing up for the ambivalent. :D

Brett

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, flight school is the first school I actually completed. :D

Brett
Well, I guess when you're backed into a corner, you gotta do what you gotta do. :D

BTW......"is" don't agree with "completed".....sheesh

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, I guess when you're backed into a corner, you gotta do what you gotta do. :D

BTW......"is" don't agree with "completed".....sheesh

I'm being colloquial and folksy - something someone from your alma mater ought to appreciate.

Brett